Cruise ends in Miami - Is 11:15 am flight too early?

suzyluvs2cruise

It's been years since I've debarked in Miami and never on Azamara so I'm hoping some share share their thoughts or experiences regarding flight times. We're on Journey RT Miami ending on March 1. Quite a different in flights costs so wondering if an 11:15 am fight is doable. We can handle our own luggage and will Uber/Taxi to the airport.

We were on the San Diego to Miami this spring. Ship was to have arrived in Miami at 4 AM. Because of port traffic, ship did not dock until after 9. Luckily we were driving to visit friends, and did not get involved in rush to make flights. Taxis and Uber were a mess with every late getting off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made a flight that early once on AZ but we needed the HD to help us get to the front of the line to disembark...and it was a close call to get to the airport....I wouldn't do it again...it was way too much stress! LuAnn

We were on the San Diego to Miami this spring. Ship was to have arrived in Miami at 4 AM. Because of port traffic, ship did not dock until after 9. Luckily we were driving to visit friends, and did not get involved in rush to make flights. Taxis and Uber were a mess with every late getting off.

We made a flight that early once on AZ but we needed the HD to help us get to the front of the line to disembark...and it was a close call to get to the airport....I wouldn't do it again...it was way too much stress! LuAnn

Thanks for you quick responses. Don't want to stress about the flight so booked one mid-afternoon.

Miami is a mess, the ship traffic into the port, the working speed (or lack of it) of the port officials, port rules etc., all slow down disembarkation. If I ever disembark in Miami, I will be sure to get into the early prefered group OR carry my luggage off by myself. We we supposed to disenbark at 8 AM, I barely made my 1 PM flight, and my friend missed his 12:30 flight.

Next time I will carry off my luggage.

Well ... crap, crap, crap! I don't like hearing this since I booked an 11:10 AM return flight (it takes all day "to or from" the middle to the Eastern edge!) Oh well -- try for early disembark and deal with my own bag and cab (not shuttle) to the airport -- oh, and hope!! LOL!

Well ... crap, crap, crap! I don't like hearing this since I booked an 11:10 AM return flight (it takes all day "to or from" the middle to the Eastern edge!) Oh well -- try for early disembark and deal with my own bag and cab (not shuttle) to the airport -- oh, and hope!! LOL!

Good Luck! That's what we were going to do.....and we have to get to CA from Miami. Decided not to stress about it and booked the 3:30 flight. When is your cruise? Please come back and share your experience.......and I'm hoping it was a good one!

• 2 weeks later...

Only flight we could get going from east coast to west on 12/21 was an 11:10 am flight. Guess we will cross our fingers, plan to carry our luggage off 🏋️*♀️, have our Global Entry card in hand, $$ for a porter and Uber standing by.

Only flight we could get going from east coast to west on 12/21 was an 11:10 am flight. Guess we will cross our fingers, plan to carry our luggage off ️*♀️, have our Global Entry card in hand, $$ for a porter and Uber standing by.

I'm sure it will work out. Sounds like you have a good plan. (love the emoticoms)

Please let us know how this works out for you. I will cross my fingers for you, with Christmas travel rush and weather issues that time of the year you are going to need all of luck you can get. My sure you contact your airline when you get to Miami. Our last 5 flights out of Miami to Boston, one left of time, one flight cancel and rescheduled for next day in economy, one rebooked 4 days later, others at least 5 hour delay.

We have taken and made even earlier flights when disembarking Celebrity. Just be ready to GO. Whatever time they tell you to line up for self-disembarkation, be there at least half hour or 45 minutes earlier. Be one of the very first to walk off, and grab a cab. No shuttles, they have to fill them up and you wait for people. We were at the airport by 8:30 eating breakfast.

Of course things can happen but in many cruises out of both Miami and FLL we've never had a problem. We take a 10:10 a.m. flight out of FLL (but the port literally right at the airport). Just have to be diligent about self-disembarking.

We had a delayed debarkation on X in Miami, they had planned for a 6:45-7 for self debarkation. We had luggage tag 4 or 5 so should have been off by 7:30. Self debarkation started at 8. We got off at 8:40, got thru Customd and were in a Uber by 8:55. Checked luggage and having coffee at 9:45.

Just have to hope our luck holds.

Only flight we could get going from east coast to west on 12/21 was an 11:10 am flight. Guess we will cross our fingers, plan to carry our luggage off 🏋️*♀️, have our Global Entry card in hand, $$ for a porter and Uber standing by.

POM doesn’t have a Global Entry option the way Port Everglades does.

POM doesn’t have a Global Entry option the way Port Everglades does.

I know, but there was a line that was being used for those with Global Entry. Much shorter, hope that will be the case again.