Check In Time in Miami

mcginnis2000

Hello, I was just curious if Miami is really strict on the check in times. We have group of 25 cruising June 2nd. Most did the 11:30 check-in. But when I checked in 12:00 was the earliest. If they won't let me check in with the group I don't want to have to stand outside.

Hello, I was just curious if Miami is really strict on the check in times. We have group of 25 cruising June 2nd. Most did the 11:30 check-in. But when I checked in 12:00 was the earliest. If they won't let me check in with the group I don't want to have to stand outside.

Yes, Miami is pretty strict about check-in times. You said you don't want to have to stand outside, but if you arrive early, you really won't have any other choice. Will the entire group be arriving at the terminal at the same time? If you want to check in as a group, see if the others that have the earlier check-in time would be willing to wait until 12:00 to check in.

A question I have is if the earliest can check in is 1130 with FTTF at Miami?

Also I choose 1130 check and and also have FTTF, should I give up my 1130 so another group can get it? Since I can go on early anyways?

Lately 11AM is the earliest I have seen from Miami. No you shouldn’t give it up. They request you select the time that closes matches to when you expect to arrive so that Staggered Check In works as designed. If all the Priority/FTTF people picked later times and got there first thing, there would be a back log of people and lines will form.

Lately 11AM is the earliest I have seen from Miami. No you shouldn’t give it up. They request you select the time that closes matches to when you expect to arrive so that Staggered Check In works as designed. If all the Priority/FTTF people picked later times and got there first thing, there would be a back log of people and lines will form.

Okay I see thank you for the quick response I appreciate it. I have never done staggered check-in before and i don't know why I am nervous about it. But I do try to get FTTF when my kids will be on board (although they are really testing me with raising the price. Thankfully I booked it before the most recent price increase!)

Okay I see thank you for the quick response I appreciate it. I have never done staggered check-in before and i don't know why I am nervous about it. But I do try to get FTTF when my kids will be on board (although they are really testing me with raising the price. Thankfully I booked it before the most recent price increase!)

You’re welcome. No need to be nervous. I really like it because it greatly reduces the lines and things go smoother. Have a great cruise!

Very much so.

I cruised on the Vista out of Miami and they were definitely strict on the appointment time slot. There were three line options that I saw. One was priority/FTTF, another was for on-time arrivals, and the third line was for early/late arrivals. The priority/FTTF line was off to the side. The other two lines were side-by-side.

My check-in time was 11:30 to 12:00. By the time I dropped off my luggage and got to the front of the line, it was 12:05. I was told that I arrived too late for the on-time line and had to go to the early/late arrival line. It wasn't a huge deal. I was on the ship at 12:35, but they did enforce strict rules.

Also, if you get a late check-in time and want an earlier option, keep checking online. My original time was 12:00 to 12:30 (which ironically would have worked better), but I was able to change it after I checked again. The earlier slot opened up.