Week of January 31: Super Bowl!!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:15 AM.
1,591 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Not really a big football fan but will watch when one of my son's favorite team is in it. This year we will watch again since son #2 is a really big Patriot's fan, he even went to college in New England. Feel bad for rooting against Atlanta since we have a lot of family there.

Go Pat's!!!
29 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
I don't watch a lot of pro football, but this year I'd like to see Atlanta win. We don't usually watch the Super Bowl. I've been know to go to the grocery store during the game, it's a great time to shop without a crowd!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Round Rock, Tx
33 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
We typically only watch the game if we are invited to a party or shindig of some sort. Although, I do really enjoy the commercials!
Our favorite team is the Steelers, so if they were playing, that would be a comoletely different story.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"All who wander are not necessarily lost..."

CCL Elation 7 nt Mexican Riviera 02/13/02
PCL Regal Princess 15 night Hawaii 04/05/04
NCL Star 7nt Mexican Riv 11/06
HAL Oosterdam 8 nt Mexican Riv 12/08/07
NCL Star 7 Night Mexican Riv12/6/08
CEL Century 7 night Keys and Cozumel 12/02/10
CCL Magic 7 Night Western Carib 10/05/13
NCL Jewel 7 night Western Carib 11/27/14
NCL Jade 7 Night Western Carib 11/14/15
NCL Breakaway 7 night Bermuda 10/02/2016
NCL Escape 7 Night Western Carib 09/30/2017

Detroit MI
15 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by CC Help Jenn
Okay so it is Super Bowl week here in the states --- yay! Can you hear my sarcasm? I just am not a sports fan but I won't hate on it.

Do you watch the Super Bowl? Do you watch it for the actual game or for the commercials?

Do you have a favorite football team? Who do you think will win this game?

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. Thanks for understanding
We always watch the Super Bowl as we are big sports fans. We watch the actual games and always enjoy the Budweiser Commercials. We also like to gamble and enjoy getting football squares for the games.

As sad as it is to say, with living in Michigan, we are Detroit Lions fans. I think the Patriots are going to win and will also be rooting for them as we are huge Michigan fans (Go Brady).

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

02/2017 Celebrity Reflection - Western Caribbean

01/2011 Celebrity Eclipse - Eastern Caribbean

04/2004 Celebrity Millennium - Eastern Caribbean

03/1996 RC Majesty of the Seas - Western Caribbean

04/1994 Carnival Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean
8 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I do not watch the game or the commercials. I don't understand football so I don't watch it. I usually go to superbowl parties for the food and friends!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2014 Carnival Dream
A suburb north of Atlanta, GA
4,892 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I watch for the commercials and the half time show.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Regal Princess, Carnival Liberty, Holland America Westerdam, Ruby Princess, RCCL Adventure of the Seas (3 times), Carnival Fascination, Carnival Miracle, RCCL Liberty of the Seas (twice), RCCL Radiance of the Seas (4 times), Caribbean Princess, RCCL Voyager of the Seas, RCCL Explorer of th Seas, RCCL Monarch of the Seas, RCCL Soverign of the Seas, RCCL Majesty of the Seas, HAL Zaandam, Carnival Valor, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Jubilee, Carnival Holiday, Big Red Boat, MS Freeport, Song of Norway, Song of America
267 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Not a fan of pro football at all. Now if you asked about college football that is a different story. I pretty much sit in front of the tv all day every Saturday from August to December. Had a good year this year with my alma mater Penn State going to the Rose Bowl. My daughter also plays in the Clemson Marching Band so she had a great yeat..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Summit - Alaska, August 2003
Carnival Glory - Canada, July 2011
Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean, July 2012
Diamond Princess -Alaska, July 2013
Carnival Pride - Bahamas, July 2016
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl USA
2,108 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Will be watching from daughter's house....it is the only game I will have watched this year.
Southern California
38,041 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by pedirn
Will be watching from daughter's house....it is the only game I will have watched this year.
Don't worry, the year is still young.
Carlisle Pa. USA
445 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
My wife & I will watch the game at home. She likes the commercials. My favorite team is the Phila. Eagles. We will be cheering for the Falcons.
New Hampshire
46 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Originally posted by sandc4e
I am actually a football fan, along with a cruise addict.

1. I watch for the commercials for sure!
2. Being from New England you'd think I want the Patriots - nope GO ATLANTA. I LOVE THE COWBOYS and ANYONE who beats the Patriots.
Ditto! 1. I love football but Cowboys are my favorite
2. I'm from New England too but I'm sick of the Patriots. Give someone else a chance LOL!
3. The commercials are outstanding!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Freedom of the Seas 2/26/2017
Oasis of the Seas 9/24/2016
Oasis of the Seas 2/20/2016
Independence of the Seas 2/22/2015
Enchantment of the Seas 9/29/2014
Laredo, TX
326 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
I won't be watching. I don't really care to watch football or have people try to sell me something in my living room.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
191 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Not a pro football fan...my football watching season ends with the college championship game. However, since my wife and I both have roots in New England, we gotta root for the Patriots.
Penney Farms, FL
1,556 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
We usually watch the Super Bowl. Occasionally we watch for the game and have a stake in it. If we don't care who wins we watch for the commercials. We wish the Cowboys had made it as they are our team.
Southern California
38,041 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by BDRebel
I won't be watching. I don't really care to watch football or have people try to sell me something in my living room.
Have you considered moving the TV to a different room?
4 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Love the question/post abut this awe-inspiring Superbowl Sunday event.

Gotta say.....

It's all about the half-time show and those never-know-what-to-expect Superbowl commercials for me. Bring on the Budweiser clydesdales please. LOL!

Now if the New Orleans Saints are playing in it along with the above, then I am paradise.

The only other thing to add to both of the above...

If I were on a Bahamas/Caribbean cruise too... That truly would put me in heaven.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers and here is to cruising on a beautiful day!

315 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
I am over it. Used to love football Sundays until I realized what I was missing out on. There is a whole world happening out there on Sundays. So now I have no chains! LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Dream
Carnival Ecstasy
Laredo, TX
326 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Cuizer2
Have you considered moving the TV to a different room?
I definitely don't want them selling me something in my bedroom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
338 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Time for the Monday morning quarterback comments! Atlanta Falcons played a great first half, the Patriots outplayed us in the second half. Tried to be hopeful to the end....on to other things