Cosol Tours Island Tour

katjoeus

Did Cosol's tour a couple of weeks ago. My third time in St Lucia and my 3rd time with Cosol. Turned out Baptist was there - he was my driver on my first tour with them in May 2009.

It's a great tour. I didn't wear my swimsuit since I knew I wasn't going in the water at Jalousie beach. Really wish I had because everyone seemed to love the mud bath.

One of the Aussies left all the mud on his face and washed it off in the waterfall rather than in the pool there by the mud baths.

If I return to St Lucia again, I'll do to tour again!

Could anyone that has toured with Cosol tell me if the tour stops when you pass by Derek Walcott Square in Castries? I would like to get some photos of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and perhaps have a look inside if it is open. The Cosol website mentions the cathedral but I was not sure if this was just a drive by, or an actual stop. Thanks for any info on this.

Reporting back from our tour last Tuesday...we drove by a church that had the doors open and it was very pretty inside, so I am assuming this is the cathedral you are interested in. It was not mentioned by name (or I missed it as I was sitting in the back) and was definitely a drive-by. It was on a very busy street, so I would assume it would be hard to stop and let people wander in to take pictures. It looked like something I would have enjoyed seeing, too. You could always ask your driver about it and I’m sure he would be happy to answer questions you have about it and possibly drive by slowly so you could get a picture from the van. The tour was really a fun day with lots to do!

:p

Thanks, this is very helpful information.

How did you get the mud off of you?

Was there somewhere to shower to get the mud off?

You put your cover up over wet/partial dry swim suit for the next stop?

Were you able to get all the mud out of your swim suits?

Was going through the mud worth it?

We had 4 people in our group of 13 do the mud bath last Tuesday. We were advised to take as little as possible down to the mud baths, so we were in swim suits and flip flops/sandals with a towel (no coverups or clothes). We left towels and sandals on a table and went over to a very muddy looking bath area where we went in to get wet. It was extremely warm water about waist/chest high. You walk out of that (3 or 4 steps to get in and 3 or 4 steps to get out on the other side) to the mud area and there are buckets of black mud and buckets of white mud. They ran out of mud when we were there and had to wait a while as they went to get more mud. You reach in the bucket and slather the mud wherever you want on your skin. I did get some in my hair, as I was bent over putting it on my legs someone was being messy in the bucket and it landed on my head. The black mud smelled like the sulfur from the volcano. Once you have mud on you, you stand in the sun a while to let it dry. Then you go back in the same water you went in before (that is why it was so muddy) and wash off as much as you can. Our driver helped wash it off our backs. When we came out of the water we went to get our towels to dry off. Not all of the mud came off completely, but was just lightly visible on the skin in a few spots. We got in the van with towels wrapped around us, drove to the waterfall and got in the pool there. The mud remnants came off there. We wrapped in towels again and didn’t put our cover ups back on until we dried a bit more. Some did not get in the pool at the waterfall.

I had to wash my swim suit and cover up out in the sink on the ship as it smelled a little like sewer. They still kind of smelled when we got home. I wouldn’t wear your best swimwear here, and would adivse darker colors rather than lighter colors as the muddy water lingers on your swimwear. Nor would I recommend your favorite sandals as mine got pretty wet and smelly with my stinky feet from the mud.

It was fun and my face did feel nice and soft afterwards, so I’d say it was worth it for the expereience. You will definitley need to wash your hair and shower well after you get back to the ship.

Reporting back from our tour last Tuesday...we drove by a church that had the doors open and it was very pretty inside, so I am assuming this is the cathedral you are interested in. It was not mentioned by name (or I missed it as I was sitting in the back) and was definitely a drive-by. It was on a very busy street, so I would assume it would be hard to stop and let people wander in to take pictures. It looked like something I would have enjoyed seeing, too. You could always ask your driver about it and I’m sure he would be happy to answer questions you have about it and possibly drive by slowly so you could get a picture from the van. The tour was really a fun day with lots to do!

Thanks for reporting back, Rondo. I agree. That church you saw must be the cathedral. The online photos of the church are so beautiful that I am determined to see it in person. It is not that far from where the cruise ships dock so going back to Castries just for the cathedral is always an option too. Thanks again for following up. I see so many threads where people promise to report back and never do, so your posting is very appreciated. :)

I've been reading raving reviews about this whole day tour and am thinking of booking this for my husband and myself. $75 seems very reasonable for everything it includes.

Has anyone on here taken that tour, would they recommend it? Or know of any even better ones?

Gone with Cosol on several tours. He offers the best tour in the Caribbean. For what you get on the tour it's a steal. You experience the real St. Lucia.

My husband and I did this tour with our friends last January. It was wonderful! We got to see so much and the guides were very friendly and knowledgeable. The cost was well worth it considering everything you get with the tour. We were in vans that held... I don't know, maybe like 14 people or so. The only thing..... we got a little carsick on the way back to the port. All day on those windy up and down roads got to us. I wish we had brought our Dramamine.

Just got back last night from our cruise. At our stop in St. Lucia we used Cosol Tours and enjoyed it thoroughly. Baptiste was our driver and he was fabulous. The food was delicious and plentiful - so were the drinks! LOL The beach area snorkeling was decent and we had THE BEST pina colada from a gentleman making them fresh right on the beach. Sulfur baths and waterfall were very fun. It was a bit of a long drive and I would agree, if you are susceptible to car sickness, take some dramamine. I was fine, but a few in the van mentioned it. All in all a GREAT day. Don't hesitate to book.

Just got back and they're as good as ever!:cool: We originally did an excursion with them in 2008 and this time they outdid them self's! We had a great CC bunch, great day, great sites, great weather and even a few drinks!!!!!!!!!:eek:

If/when you book with them, please say hi to YellowBird and Cosol from Barry & Pam!;)