What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

The rudest thing that ever happened to my husband and I when we were on a shortened cruise due to Hurricane Irma on the Allure was when we were told by a Royal Caribbean worker at embarkation to go to the elevator and go on the ship since we were on a Suite. We got on the elevator with 2 ladies. One of the ladies looked at us and said “You just need to get off their s elevator and go and sit over there pointing to where a large group of people were sitting. I just looked at her and said excuse me. Mot husband said I don’t see a Royal Caribbean sign on you. She said I am a Travel Agent.

We thought it was very rude of her to assume that we should have not been allowed to board the ship the same time she was allowed to do so. We were stressed due to the a Hurricane and were not going to allow her rude attitude ruin our shortened cruise—-and it didn’t

The rudest thing that ever happened to my husband and I when we were on a shortened cruise due to Hurricane Irma on the Allure was when we were told by a Royal Caribbean worker at embarkation to go to the elevator and go on the ship since we were on a Suite. We got on the elevator with 2 ladies. One of the ladies looked at us and said “You just need to get off their s elevator and go and sit over there pointing to where a large group of people were sitting. I just looked at her and said excuse me. Mot husband said I don’t see a Royal Caribbean sign on you. She said I am a Travel Agent.

We thought it was very rude of her to assume that we should have not been allowed to board the ship the same time she was allowed to do so. We were stressed due to the a Hurricane and were not going to allow her rude attitude ruin our shortened cruise—-and it didn’t

Why can't people be nice and smile instead of acting like RC police?.

I'd say loudly talking in public about politics and/or religion could be considered by some to be rude, especially if you're doing it knowing it will upset people around you. Doesn't matter which side of the fence (or wall) you're on. :)

And I thank you for your service to our country.

I think we need to put it in context we live in a Country where we can openly talk about Politics and our faith as long as it’s respectful on both ends. As a Conservative and a Christian I have been on cruise ships with a Liberal think tank group I believe was called the Nation . Most of them were nice folks and you could discuss politics some wanted to throw Republicans of the ship and my comments about it (they’re joking ) I have had LGBT folks at my table they were fine folks and I am just as strong in my positions as they in theirs We must come to a point in this Country that we can have different views but still care and respect others . You know how many times on a Cruise I made friends with folks that where on polar opposites of my views but before we knew it we decided to like each other .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have any of you gone into the main dinning room on formal night and had the man across from you, wearing a very nice Tux, start to chew Tabaco and pull out his spit container to spit out his Tabaco juice, while you were eating your filet of beef. I can say that I have now had that experience.

Ok, this gets my vote for rudest thing! Of course, I would have then vomitted at the table, and that would be considered rude too!

I think we need to put it in context we live in a Country where we can openly talk about Politics and our faith as long as it’s respectful on both ends. As a Conservative and a Christian I have been on cruise ships with a Liberal think tank group I believe was called the Nation . Most of them were nice folks and you could discuss politics some wanted to throw Republicans of the ship and my comments about it (they’re joking ) I have had LGBT folks at my table they were fine folks and I am just as strong in my positions as they in theirs We must come to a point in this Country that we can have different views but still care and respect others . You know how many times on a Cruise I made friends with folks that where on polar opposites of my views but before we knew it we decided to like each other .

This is nice in theory but it’s hard to come together with people who 1) don’t believe you deserve equal rights and 2) think you are going to hell.

This is nice in theory but it’s hard to come together with people who 1) don’t believe you deserve equal rights and 2) think you are going to hell.

They are only trying to save you from eternal damnation . :halo: :*

So you’re a Christian and a Trump supporter? Explain that one please.

It was a joke however I did support Trump because I had two choices and the other choice was unacceptable to me because of two main issues. But really is this the forum for politics ?

The idea is you're supposed to respect their right to believe you're a bad person. ;)

You have just made a monument out of your ignorance typical hypocrisy claiming your tolerant while spewing your own prejudices.

I most always take my hat off while eating. Nothing to do with religion but the way we were taught.

I don't wear hats but if I did, I would take it off. No judgement. Just the way I was brought up.

Funny story. When the Houston Oilers played in the then new Astrodome, Bum Phillips, the head coach who had always worn a large cowboy hat, would remove his hat inside the Astrodome.....

They are only trying to save you from eternal damnation . :halo: :*

My point exactly some ignorant people make fun of Gays and others make fun of different Races and some make fun of others Faith . Your ignorance must be the good one ?

Edited by ALFLAFA

Equal rights yes. Special rights or status absolutely NOT.

I don’t decide who goes to hell.

Equal rights yes. Special rights or status absolutely NOT.

I don’t decide who goes to hell.

Marriage is an equal right. Not being fired because of who you are is an equal right. A special right would be like only gay people can eat tacos on Tuesday.

Marriage is an equal right. Not being fired because of who you are is an equal right. A special right would be like only gay people can eat tacos on Tuesday.

I would totally against the whole Gay people only get to eat tacos on Tuesdays that would be worth marching against [emoji6]

My parents generation found it disrespectful for a black person to sit at the front of a bus or drink out of the wrong water fountain. I gave up caring about what my parents generation considered "respect" long ago.

What someone else does that has no actual impact on you should not upset you or be considered as "rude" to you. Some guy sitting on the other side of a room eating food with a hat on who has no idea of your existence only impacts you because you want to force your own code of conduct on them, which is rude.

Changing a dipper on a dining room table is rude. The smell and sight can make someone physically ill. Not to mention the health issues.

Kids running around uncontrolled screaming is rude. It affects your ability to have a conversation.

A guy peeing on deck, gross among many other things

Smeering poop in bathroom, I don't even need to say why it's rude

People smoking in non-smoking sections, you smell it, if affects you. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

People having sex in hot tubs, rude and unhygienic, not to mention the fact that water makes a horrible lube.

Those are all things that can affect you.

I also find the fact that you bring up a Bible verse as being justification rude. Like, because it's in the Bible we should do it? Trying to push your Judeo-Christian values on someone else is rude. We live in a society of people who are of many religions and should feel free to exercise their beliefs without people judging them based on their own religious beliefs.

I love this! I am 100% agreement on your response and your way of saying this is epic!

Did you said something? I would not have been able to stop myself!!

I did not. In my younger days I would have, but I have learned to relax. I had the satisfaction of knowing that she wanted to crawl under a rock. That was good enough for me.

I'm waiting for someone to say this to my daughter on our upcoming cruise. She's a teenage with brightly colored "mermaid hair" right now and I'm just waiting for some uppity person to think she has no business on the "suite sun deck". Hell, they will probably give me the side eye with my cargo shorts, beat up SciFi t-shirts, tattoos, and piercings. :)

We are younger and we get it all the time. Last week on NOS we were checked twice in one hour and none of the older couples around us got checked. When asked by Nadja, the concierge, how things were going I explained that I was a bit fed up with this. She must have said something because we were not asked the rest of the trip. I get that the check sometimes, and I am fine with that. Just make it applicable to all.