Mystic Man Private Catamaran excursin

debshomespun

Has anyone used Mystic Man lately, we are looking at their private Catamaran excursion. They will pick up right at the port, sailing along the coast. This was their response from my inquiry by email:

Thank you for contacting us. We have a 42ft catamaran available at US$110 per person for your group of 10. The price would be for the boat inclusive of lunch, snorkel gear and beverages ( local beer, sodas, bottled water, rum punch).

We normally pick up at the cruise ship boat at around 8:30am and sail south all the way down to Soufriere. There would be stops for swimming and snorkeling along the way as well as sightseeing and since it is a private charter, everything would be at your own pace.

We have been to St. Lucia several times and done both land and sea excursions along with beaches and looking for something different. Thanks in Advance.

We sailed with Mystic Man in March 2015 and had a great time. There were 12 of us and we paid $88, which is the price I still see listed on their website for the Cruise Ship Eco Adventure tour. $110 seems a little steep to me, but perhaps you'll be doing different things?

We sailed with Mystic Man in the late fall of 2015. I was the one that arranged the Eco Tour trip for a group of our roll call members. We had a wonderful time .... they picked us up steps from the cruise ship terminal (big plus) and and dropped us off with enough time to spare, but it was a day full of fun.

The boat is not brand new, but it is well maintained and spacious.The crew is welcoming and helpful, as well as safety conscious and professional. Lunch was delicious and the drinks flowed at whatever pace you wanted. Our group was of mixed ages - from teens to 70 plus and all were very happy with the excursion.

We have been to St.Lucia other times and on a earlier cruise have done the catamaran experience thru the ship and it was very crowded !!!!

A few years ago it was almost impossible to find a private "on the water" excursion in St. Lucia that didn't require booking thru your cruise line. Happily that is starting to change - we will be back in January of 2018 - and am thinking about what we'd like to do - Enjoy :cool:

We sailed with them in February and had a very negative experience. It may depend on the particular vessel and crew. I apologize that I cannot tell you who we had. I can tell you that there were 3 staff on board. 2 of the 3 said virtually nothing the whole time. There was almost no narration or commentary. There was clearly a mechanical issue and we made a stop for it to be fixed. But no one told us anything while this was going on. The third crew member could be drawn out and became friendlier over time but could not make up for the other two.

There was hip hop blaring the whole time,often with crude lyrics. I am not a prude but this was clearly for the crew's enjoyment as everyone on the catamaran as a guest was middle aged or older. Lunch was picked up at one of our stops and was in a styrofoam take out. In Barbados our catamaran sail was so much better in terms of food, attentiveness, interaction,etc.

Finally our snorkel stop near the pitons was less than 30 minutes. I have no idea if this is the norm or because of the battery/engine trouble since no one told us anything. This was the first time in all my years of excursions that I tipped nothing. I tried hard to convince myself some type of tip was warranted, but could not.

I chose them because they seemed to get good reviews on Trip advisor but we had a different crew than the ones named on most reviews. And if you read further in TA there were some negative reviews including engine trouble.

• 9 months later...