Diamond Info and Good and Bad - Liberty of the Seas (from 2/4/18 Sailing)

baabtx

Hi all,

Just off the Liberty of the Seas February 4th Sailing. Great time had by our small group (4 of us). Just in case anyone needs the information of what is offered for Diamond Members I'm attaching that information as well as information about Diamond Lounge on the Ship.

The good - 3 drinks at other bars instead of the Diamond Lounge. Makes it a little easier if the place is packed (it was full on many nights, not overflowing so could walk in get a drink and take it to lounge outside which was not very crowded).

The Concierge - he was fantastic. And although I didn't use him too much for stuff (only tender tickets and luggage tags which I'll address later) he was enthusiastic, funny and attentive. Bartenders were also good as was staff outside of Diamond lounge.

The Bad: Some of the perks we just won't use and/or give us options. We don't use the photo service as much as we did when we first cruised, so that one is out.

The Chardonnay....simply put if it costs $3.48 retail at Total Wine ...then the cost wholesale is a whole lot less....and it is evident in the TASTE - just awful. I thought last year we had a couple of options on same ship, but couldn't remember. But it's sad that a cruise line rewarding it's more loyal customers with such junk. I'd rather them buy the Costco Sonoma Chardonnay ($6.99 retail at Costco - so I'm sure wholesale is less), it's much much better as are many wine that may not be that much more...but that some was horrid. (I opted for Pinot Grigio, which was a bit more palatable). RCI can and SHOULD do better. (and there were a bunch of Platinum members on board - if I were them.....).

Johnny Rockets - since the service charge is $8.20 per person - why do they only offer us 2 for 1 on a Milkshake or whatever. I can't do dairy (lactose) so that was out. I'd rather them give us one free admission to JR instead. Oh and why the heck is it $8.20... I can pay about same going to the Johnny Rockets down the road at the San Marcos Outlet Mall (in TX) for the same food and service.

Disembarkation priority. Was really shocked to see when our disembark tags arrived in our cabin that we were in one of the last 4 groups. I'm pretty simple, but haven't spend thousands cruising with one company to be one of the last off the ship.

I am attaching pics of the perks sheet as well as Diamond Lounge Info. Will still sail RCI, but just a few thoughts.

1419986048_LibertyDiamondx.thumb.jpg.f4b847c646b166344896729bb1f0e8e0.jpg

950565027_LibertyDiamondB.thumb.jpg.9326c095e5f7b6bbfb23f2f5f4d89bac.jpg

The food cover charge for Johnny Rockets does not include milk shakes plus you can use your milk shake 2 for 1 whether or not you get food.

Not the issue, why not make it an optional thing - either one free Service Charge to JR or one Free Milk Shake....I wanted the food, I could not get shake due to intolerance to lactose.... (so make it a one or the other thing).

I agree about the wine. We sail in suites and the same is offered in the suite lounge. I actually bring my own 2 bottles. They wanted to charge me a corkage fee in coastal kitchen and I said if you would have a decent chard I wouldn't have to bring my own. Needless to say the manager waived the fee. I let it be known on my survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Costco is wholesale. And for a lot of booze there isnt much difference in what you pay retail vs what a restaurant pays. With that said perhaps they could find something a little better. There are many well received wines that are very inexpensive.

Johnny Rockets - since the service charge is $8.20 per person - why do they only offer us 2 for 1 on a Milkshake or whatever. I can't do dairy (lactose) so that was out. I'd rather them give us one free admission to JR instead. Oh and why the heck is it $8.20... I can pay about same going to the Johnny Rockets down the road at the San Marcos Outlet Mall (in TX) for the same food and service.

The actual cover charge was $6.95

With 18% gratuity it comes to $8.20

Disembarkation priority. Was really shocked to see when our disembark tags arrived in our cabin that we were in one of the last 4 groups. I'm pretty simple, but haven't spend thousands cruising with one company to be one of the last off the ship.

Just go to Guest Services and get a lower number. As you put it "Pretty Simple"

I am happy with the Diamond perks and wouldn't change a thing. Can't keep everyone happy but as a package, I believe it is a good loyalty offering.

BTW I don't feel obliged to use every offer available to me as a Diamond member.

Ok Folks, Since I've been blasted a bit. I DO like the perks....but I guess in my zeal to write a post just pointing out what could be better it did sound a bit like I was boo hooing them...

In retrospect I wish they would just offer an alternative to JR's if you don't want the Shake/Malt (same cost to cover admission to place - thus an alternative). I still went didn't I....

Yes, there are some better wines at a low price point - it's just what they've picked is just awful. I usually drink wine that is less than $10 per bottle, this definitely would not be one of them. I chose the Pinot Grigio which was at least drinkable....

And yes I did get the departure time changed, it was no problem - was just a little blown away since last year was initially offered an early departure time (as have on last couple of cruises)....

My concerns might be quite valid to many, but they probably didn't want to post/ask it for the very reason I'm having to write this post-mortem post - they didn't want to get blasted by the "elite, multi posters"....try to be kind.

I never voiced on ship, nor was I really here - just thinking the company could do a "wee bit" better. Will not change my mind about cruising RCI folks.

I thought only Suites and Pinnacles received Priority disembarkation and others were based on deck?

Did I miss something? Tons of Diamonds and above. It would be like a cattle car if they all got off at same time.

Maybe if this is something that bothers you, you should book a Suite or wait until you are Pinnacle.

I thought only Suites and Pinnacles received Priority disembarkation and others were based on deck?

Did I miss something? Tons of Diamonds and above. It would be like a cattle car if they all got off at same time.

Maybe if this is something that bothers you, you should book a Suite or wait until you are Pinnacle.

Yes, you missed something. Disembarkation has never been by deck. Diamond + and Diamond are in the groups after Suites and Pinnacles.

Yes, you missed something. Disembarkation has never been by deck. Diamond + and Diamond are in the groups after Suites and Pinnacles.

How does that work then? Suites and Pinnacles have special luggage tags, generally Red. So are D+ Group 1 Tag 1? Diamonds Group 2 tag 2? Seems like a lot of people trying to get off at the same time??

How does that work then? Suites and Pinnacles have special luggage tags, generally Red. So are D+ Group 1 Tag 1? Diamonds Group 2 tag 2? Seems like a lot of people trying to get off at the same time??

It seems that more often than not, I see low numbers for Suites and Pinnacles, and nothing special for the rest of C&A.

As D+ I’ve never had a number higher than 4. Most of the time it’s a 3. Sometimes, yes, because I drive I’m giving a higher number but I go to GS, show my seapass and they give me tag #3. To note, I usually have a 7+ hour drive...

It seems that more often than not, I see low numbers for Suites and Pinnacles, and nothing special for the rest of C&A.

Look at the departure letter that is left in all cabins.

Hi all,

Just off the Liberty of the Seas February 4th Sailing. Great time had by our small group (4 of us). Just in case anyone needs the information of what is offered for Diamond Members I'm attaching that information as well as information about Diamond Lounge on the Ship.

The Chardonnay....simply put if it costs $3.48 retail at Total Wine ...then the cost wholesale is a whole lot less....and it is evident in the TASTE - just awful.

HAHA, I couldn't agree more about the DL Chard! This is one reason I continue to buy the drink package. We really enjoy the DL Happy Hour(s), nibbling on hors d'oeuvres and meeting new people, but now I always give the DL server my card and they bring me the chardonnay that I like from the bar. I usually just stop at the bar and pick up a glass on my way into the DL, but on our last cruise two of the servers at the bar also worked the DL; they recognized me and each told me separately that I should just go to the DL and they would be happy to take my card and bring me anything I want from the bar. I don't know if they will do that on every ship, this was on Grandeur.

HAHA, I couldn't agree more about the DL Chard! This is one reason I continue to buy the drink package. We really enjoy the DL Happy Hour(s), nibbling on hors d'oeuvres and meeting new people, but now I always give the DL server my card and they bring me the chardonnay that I like from the bar. I usually just stop at the bar and pick up a glass on my way into the DL, but on our last cruise two of the servers at the bar also worked the DL; they recognized me and each told me separately that I should just go to the DL and they would be happy to take my card and bring me anything I want from the bar. I don't know if they will do that on every ship, this was on Grandeur.

Another good reason for the Drink Package.

On Oasis and Allure there isn't a bar anywhere near the DL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They sure as heck are NOT going to do this on every ship. Probably not ANY other ship.