Epic Western Medi

Tweety1961

Our group of 8 will be sailing on the Epic in September boarding in Rome. I've done a search but haven't found this answer. If the ship is set to leave Rome at 7pm, what time do we need to be on the ship? Do we need to be there for the muster drill that I believe I read is at 4:30pm? Just trying to plan our transportation from Rome to the port and need to know what time we should book this. Thank you!

Our group of 8 will be sailing on the Epic in September boarding in Rome. I've done a search but haven't found this answer. If the ship is set to leave Rome at 7pm, what time do we need to be on the ship? Do we need to be there for the muster drill that I believe I read is at 4:30pm? Just trying to plan our transportation from Rome to the port and need to know what time we should book this. Thank you!

Hi there! I sailed on the Epic out of Rome last September. We stayed at Hotel San Giorgio & took a shuttle over to port around 12. Muster drill was around 4/4:30. I believe all embarkation services ended around 3:30. IF your sailing is like the one I went on, Rome is not the starting point for that cruise. More than likely, a majority of the boat will have embarked in Barcelona (roughly 3,000 in Barcelon & 1,000 in Rome). The ship departs at 7pm but the was the time for the Barcelona passengers who had already been a part of the ship. I believe they will host a second muster drill if you are unable to make it the 4:30.

You should be there for the muster at 430

I'm taking a similar sailing, but in May. We'll be in Rome a few days before we sail, and were hoping to squeeze in one last morning tour before heading to the port since the ship doesn't leave until 7pm.

Unless we can find a tour that will pick us and our bags from the hotel, then drop us off at the port instead of the back to the hotel, I'm not sure we'll be able to squeeze anything in if I have to board the ship by 4pm.

The train from central Rome to the port is roughly an hour from my understanding.

I'm taking a similar sailing, but in May. We'll be in Rome a few days before we sail, and were hoping to squeeze in one last morning tour before heading to the port since the ship doesn't leave until 7pm.

Unless we can find a tour that will pick us and our bags from the hotel, then drop us off at the port instead of the back to the hotel, I'm not sure we'll be able to squeeze anything in if I have to board the ship by 4pm.

The train from central Rome to the port is roughly an hour from my understanding.

Try Rome Cabs. http://www.romecabs.com/

We used them for a personal tour and they were very good. They would take you to the port. More expensive than the train but if you want to maximize your time.

Try Rome Cabs. http://www.romecabs.com/

We used them for a personal tour and they were very good. They would take you to the port. More expensive than the train but if you want to maximize your time.

Thank you, this is perfect. They have a pre-cruise tour which does exactly what we were looking for (pick up from Rome hotel and drop off at the port). I just reached out to them to see if we can switch the itinerary and head to Tivoli instead of the Rome sites as we'll have already seen those.