Thermal suite on Britannia

lanarkshire lad

I know that I paid £100 on my recent 7 night cruise but when I asked how much it would be for a two week cruise, the staff were very vague. I also would like to know the answer to your question as we are sailing Britannia for two weeks at Christmas. The reply I got from one member of staff was that she thought it was £150 for 2 weeks - but that was only 'thought'.

Tracey

Hi we were on Britannia on 30th September to 13th October we were charged £250 for the thermal suite for the duration of our cruise 13 nights. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise we had a great time on Britannia she is a beautiful ship. The entertainment was fantastic do not miss the shows the dance team perform gravity, once upon a time and sound of the underground are amazing.

Hi we were on Britannia on 30th September to 13th October we were charged £250 for the thermal suite for the duration of our cruise 13 nights. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise we had a great time on Britannia she is a beautiful ship. The entertainment was fantastic do not miss the shows the dance team perform gravity, once upon a time and sound of the underground are amazing.

Thank you Jones and shopping girl, for price of thermal suite and advice re entertainment,

Shopping girl was the £250 for 2 for 2weeks or £250 each?

I was on the same cruise I think, it was £250 per couple or £150 for single or £30 for one day. On the two cruises I have been on Britannia it is very evident they don't sell many whole cruise passes and although not guaranteed there appears to be plenty of availability on a day pass. There were only four or five working lockers in the women's changing area though which was a real nuisance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the same cruise I think, it was £250 per couple or £150 for single or £30 for one day. On the two cruises I have been on Britannia it is very evident they don't sell many whole cruise passes and although not guaranteed there appears to be plenty of availability on a day pass. There were only four or five working lockers in the women's changing area though which was a real nuisance.

Thank you Florry ,very much for your answer. As we have 9 sea days will be happy to use on the odd day

Hi Florry is right about the prices for thermal suite. It was very annoying about the lockers also the ladies toilets were out of order a lot too they have 3 toilets and a disabled toilet and one day all of them were out of order we were told we had to go on next floor up to use the toilets by the peninsular resteraunt 😔 also at times there were used towels lying everywhere the floors were always soaking with water from the hydropool which makes them very slippy. Did you find this Florry when you used the spa? We had a power cut one day and all the saunas were not working. We enjoyed our time I'm the spa but for the money you pay you do not expect the above things I mentioned. We sailed on the emerald princess last year and we paid £112 per couple for our 2 weeks cruise. Their spa was always kept immaculate very tidy so I was very surprised at the standard on Britannia. The first few days the spa was busy but later in our cruise it quietened off on our last day we had the spa in the afternoon to ourselves for at least 2 hours I think people were packing I done ours in the morning. I am sure you will enjoy it the mosaic stone beds and water beds were my favourite and the hot steam room. My husband was always in the hydropool. Enjoy

Hi Florry is right about the prices for thermal suite. It was very annoying about the lockers also the ladies toilets were out of order a lot too they have 3 toilets and a disabled toilet and one day all of them were out of order we were told we had to go on next floor up to use the toilets by the peninsular resteraunt [emoji17] also at times there were used towels lying everywhere the floors were always soaking with water from the hydropool which makes them very slippy. Did you find this Florry when you used the spa? We had a power cut one day and all the saunas were not working. We enjoyed our time I'm the spa but for the money you pay you do not expect the above things I mentioned. We sailed on the emerald princess last year and we paid £112 per couple for our 2 weeks cruise. Their spa was always kept immaculate very tidy so I was very surprised at the standard on Britannia. The first few days the spa was busy but later in our cruise it quietened off on our last day we had the spa in the afternoon to ourselves for at least 2 hours I think people were packing I done ours in the morning. I am sure you will enjoy it the mosaic stone beds and water beds were my favourite and the hot steam room. My husband was always in the hydropool. Enjoy

I found exactly the same - we probably met! In addition to your accurate observations there were male attendants, although they knock twice it is completely open plan. If you are in the shower you don't hear anyone knocking and the towel hooks are on the outside, so there is a risk of someone being traumatised for life - and I doubt it would be me [emoji6]There is a towel hook in the disabled shower but the overhead shower wasn't working only the hose. All in all, it ends up being quite stressful and annoying as oppose to bring a relaxing experience - I like to read on a device which meant I couldn't use any of the rooms without going to reception and queuing to have it locked up then queuing to get it back, it's ridiculous. In the end I asked for my money back and I only paid what I thought was fair.

I found exactly the same - we probably met! In addition to your accurate observations there were male attendants, although they knock twice it is completely open plan. If you are in the shower you don't hear anyone knocking and the towel hooks are on the outside, so there is a risk of someone being traumatised for life - and I doubt it would be me [emoji6]There is a towel hook in the disabled shower but the overhead shower wasn't working only the hose. All in all, it ends up being quite stressful and annoying as oppose to bring a relaxing experience - I like to read on a device which meant I couldn't use any of the rooms without going to reception and queuing to have it locked up then queuing to get it back, it's ridiculous. In the end I asked for my money back and I only paid what I thought was fair.

Good for the update hope they have got their problems sorted out.

We flit between Princess and P&O. Princess definitely has the edge. But P&O cheaper for bar prices and tips,

Swings and roundabouts me thinks.

Thanks again

Hi Florry I forgot about the male attendants in ladies changing room I found that odd too especially as you say how open plan it is. I am pleased you got your money back I wish I had complained did you get money back at end of the cruise or beginning if beginning did they let you use the spa still just so I know for future cruise I will not accept that standard next time. A woman complained as I was leaving one day she was taken away from the spa reception desk that was the day the spa was cluttered with towels the floor was soaking wet with pools of water the seats were coveted in used towels and dressing gowns and the ladies toilets were out of order. I was very surprised at the mess at times the spa was in it looked very untidy on princess it was never like that. I think £250 Is a bit pricey for what you get it was £112 with princess they did not have the hydropool but their saunas were much better and you also had a bowl of fruit which was filled often as well as water you could have herbal teas too. I'm not sure if I would use the spa again if I went on Britannia

Hi Florry I forgot about the male attendants in ladies changing room I found that odd too especially as you say how open plan it is. I am pleased you got your money back I wish I had complained did you get money back at end of the cruise or beginning if beginning did they let you use the spa still just so I know for future cruise I will not accept that standard next time. A woman complained as I was leaving one day she was taken away from the spa reception desk that was the day the spa was cluttered with towels the floor was soaking wet with pools of water the seats were coveted in used towels and dressing gowns and the ladies toilets were out of order. I was very surprised at the mess at times the spa was in it looked very untidy on princess it was never like that. I think £250 Is a bit pricey for what you get it was £112 with princess they did not have the hydropool but their saunas were much better and you also had a bowl of fruit which was filled often as well as water you could have herbal teas too. I'm not sure if I would use the spa again if I went on Britannia

I would only ever consider a day pass in future. I ended up being refunded £90 after the third time I used it I just thought 'I don't think I want to come in here again' ☹️

I would only ever consider a day pass in future. I ended up being refunded £90 after the third time I used it I just thought 'I don't think I want to come in here again' ☹️

Thanks Florry i think i will only ever try a day pass in future too after this experience hope you had a great time on Britannia otherwise we really enjoyed it and net some lovely people :D I have felt the cold though since we have come back

I loved the thermal suite and used it every day. I had problems, yes, but thought it was worth the money for the quiet and relaxation it provided. Quite often I would fall asleep on the heated tile or water beds! Major problem though was that the water in the hydrotherapy pool was often way too hot - they kept using the excuse that the thermostat had broken and it was 'being fixed'.

I loved the thermal suite and used it every day. I had problems, yes, but thought it was worth the money for the quiet and relaxation it provided. Quite often I would fall asleep on the heated tile or water beds! Major problem though was that the water in the hydrotherapy pool was often way too hot - they kept using the excuse that the thermostat had broken and it was 'being fixed'.

On the plus side on the last trip all of the rooms were a sensible temperature (as was the pool), previously on another trip the steam was hot enough to take your skin off. I love the water beds but when I was on them I was just lying on a hard surface, not sure they were full enough?

On the plus side on the last trip all of the rooms were a sensible temperature (as was the pool), previously on another trip the steam was hot enough to take your skin off. I love the water beds but when I was on them I was just lying on a hard surface, not sure they were full enough?

Yes, one of the steam rooms, I could only last a few minutes and then had to dash out - too hot. Shame though, as the steam rooms were lovely to relax in.I think that I will ask to test the temperature before I buy next time and get them to guarantee that they won't get too hot (especially the hydrotherapy pool) or give a refund if they do! Water bed seemed fine - comfortable. Maybe yourhad too much water in rather than not enough.

Tracey

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me the current price, for a 13 day cruise?

Also if any improvements have been made regarding correct temperatures and tidiness, as some of the reports above are not that favourable?

Alternatively did anyone use the jacuzzis on the top deck? They look to exposed to the elements to me but I guess it depends how hot the water is. Also any reports on how good the free steam room is?