Question about pull out couch bed's

kbset

Hi!

We will be on the Jade in January and have a couch in the room that pulls out into a bed (category MB). Does anyone know if the mattress on the couch bed actually comes off? We would prefer the mattress to be on the floor for our daughter. I know this is a strange question but I'm hoping someone will know the answer. Thank you!

Hi!

We will be on the Jade in January and have a couch in the room that pulls out into a bed (category MB). Does anyone know if the mattress on the couch bed actually comes off? We would prefer the mattress to be on the floor for our daughter. I know this is a strange question but I'm hoping someone will know the answer. Thank you!

From my experience I have never seen an actual pull out couch. They just take the pillows off the couch and make it up as a bed! This is what we have had on our last 3 cruises! I could be wrong though maybe there is another type of pullout bed that we just haven’t had

For the Dawn, Gem or Jewel class's (similar to the Jade) mini-suite, I think, has a slightly bigger couch - similar to this one, however, from what I recall - to the ones in a regular balcony. Foam ?? padding is somewhat thin too. See picture below ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oi8zge0t9y8ydp/SDC10170.JPG?dl=0

Someone else can help about whether there is enough space to set down a foam mattress flat to sleep on the floor (as the Room Steward to see if s/he can find & bring a spare one into the stateroom to set it up ??) - spacing in a regular balcony is far too tight for it. Alternative is to set that on top of the slide-out foam sofabed or get extra foam padding/mattress topper, as that might be better.

For the Dawn, Gem or Jewel class's (similar to the Jade) mini-suite, I think, has a slightly bigger couch - similar to this one, however, from what I recall - to the ones in a regular balcony. Foam ?? padding is somewhat thin too. See picture below ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oi8zge0t9y8ydp/SDC10170.JPG?dl=0

Someone else can help about whether there is enough space to set down a foam mattress flat to sleep on the floor (as the Room Steward to see if s/he can find & bring a spare one into the stateroom to set it up ??) - spacing in a regular balcony is far too tight for it. Alternative is to set that on top of the slide-out foam sofabed or get extra foam padding/mattress topper, as that might be better.

Ohhh! Thank you for the photo! I'll definitely ask the room steward and see what he/she says. Thank you!