What's after Elite?

Eagle Eye

What's going to be next after Elite? I just came off a cruise where around 20% were Elite, and was told it took 400+ days to be considered for the Captain's Lunch. Highest number of days was in the 600s.

With so many repeaters, I would think Princess will need another category. How would you define it? Perks?

What's going to be next after Elite? I just came off a cruise where around 20% were Elite, and was told it took 400+ days to be considered for the Captain's Lunch. Highest number of days was in the 600s.

With so many repeaters, I would think Princess will need another category. How would you define it? Perks?

We are Elite with just over 200 days and have made the Captain Lunch on most cruises. They take the top 40-50 Elite for the lunch. So we have missed some.

Sam

We are Elite with just over 200 days and have made the Captain Lunch on most cruises. They take the top 40-50 Elite for the lunch. So we have missed some.

Sam

I think it is the top 20

I think it is the top 20
I think it's a total of 40 at lunch. Not everyone has a spouse or guest and sometimes, the spouse doesn't want to go; in which case, if they get declines, the next eligible passenger is invited.

Burial at sea, perhaps.;)

The only thing I could think of that I would like added for the "super elite" would be breakfast at Sabatinos or the equivalent. That wouldn't cost them much.

And maybe getting them to pay attention to your pre-cruise requests for what you want in your bar set-up. :rolleyes:

Also..

No staggered embarkation check-in

Separate disembarkation Lounge from Platinum's..

Preferred dining times in the Anytime Dining Rooms.

15% discount on purchases including photos.

Increased free wireless access time..

We were "finally" invited to the Most Travelled Passengers luncheon on our recent Island Princess Panama Canal cruise. It was wonderful and a special way for Princess to recognize their Elite passengers.

To add to Largin's list of Elite perks, I would like to see an Elite line at the Excursions Desk. We usually have our excursions booked before boarding, but have had a few changes and needed to re-book. It is my opinion that most Elite would know what they wanted at the Excursions Desk, as opposed to new cruisers who want each tour explained to them.

Shirley

Also..

No staggered embarkation check-in

Separate disembarkation Lounge from Platinum's..

Preferred dining times in the Anytime Dining Rooms.

15% discount on purchases including photos.

Increased free wireless access time..

To add, some ideas,

In ports that Princess frequently uses provide priority delivery of luggage from the pier to the stateroom. Low or no additional cost to the line.

Redo the Capt. Circle party for elites. Make it a real party. We don't attend anymore it's just a sales pitch squeezed into 30 mins.

Special entertainment show.

Sam

We have 350 and we've made it only twice. It really depends on the itinerary. I'm not counting on making it even most of the time until we reach 500 days. It was close to that several times on the Emerald Princess this past winter.

We were most traveled on our 12th Celebrity cruise, a 7 night cruise out of Galveston. Lots of first timers on those runs.

Last year Pam mentioned getting a free UKP card. I like that idea, but restoring unlimited WiFi for super elites sounds even better.

The only thing I could think of that I would like added for the "super elite" would be breakfast at Sabatinos or the equivalent. That wouldn't cost them much.
This issue with this is that on some cruises, there are literally hundreds of Elite which would overwhelm any restaurant.

I've said before and I kind of still like the idea is that the top 20 most traveled ON THAT CRUISE get the same perks as full suites, i.e., unlimited Internet, breakfast in Sabatini's, full menu room service, dining preferences, etc.

Out of all of my cruises, I've been invited to the Most Traveled lunch twice and cocktail party once. The first time I was invited to lunch was an Alaskan cruise and the other time was a LA > FLL Panama Canal cruise, both on the Coral Princess. You are more likely to be invited on some itineraries than others. I don't expect to be invited on my upcoming Island Princess cruise nor the 1st leg of my Diamond cruise, but possibly on the 2nd leg which is an Alaskan cruise.

I've said before and I kind of still like the idea is that the top 20 most traveled ON THAT CRUISE get the same perks as full suites, i.e., unlimited Internet, breakfast in Sabatini's, full menu room service, dining preferences, etc.

I like this idea a lot as there is a good chance I could be one of them :)

This issue with this is that on some cruises, there are literally hundreds of Elite ...

Add to this,

• if the top 20 get the suite treatment, then the next 20 (#21-40) should have the invitations to the cocktail party. That gives even more of us a chance to get some of those perks.
  • priority in Anytime dining for "Table for 2" assignment (without having to wait 20 minutes).
  • Have some percentage of cabin "upgrades" allocated to Elites as part of the Upgrade Fairy Process to say "thanks for the business"
  • Let Elites select what time they want to disembark, and assign the color based on their selection.
  • ... and how about a clearly marked Elites only cruise terminal entry and line for embarkation (last cruise had a huge line entering the preferred doorway - not Platinum/Elite)?

And to the OP - there are OBC's for the increasing number of days (which could be a little bigger).

Archived