New Connection Between NCL and Cruise Critic

jaja

I think it's fine. There is just as much of a chance of you giving a negative review as a positive one.

I agree with this statement. It is a review based on the person's personal opinion. Good, bad or indifferent it is still a review. For me, I read them off and on but someone else's opinion does not make my decision to cruise a ship. I make an informed decision on many factors.

Oh man....if I shared all my NCL cruise experience, you would think that I am lying b/c of how terrible their customer service is...

They should be happy that I am too lazy to write it

That's on you then. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Obviously you continue to book NCL and post on the NCL board. Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's on you then. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Obviously you continue to book NCL and post on the NCL board. Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

oh yea, i agree. i HATE the customer service, but i really LOVE the free style cruising. i just minimize the amount of interactions with the staff by not letting them clean my room and etc.

and I am trying other lines, like X. not b/c of the poor customer service, but b/c i got a KILLER deal.

I have to sail with NCL b/c of deposits. wish i could get them back, but i will cont to sail with them. now putting new deposits.....idk about that...

Edited by CruisingUS

It's shameless because it's obviously asking for passengers to post only their happy experiences on CC.

That's like stacking the odds for more good reviews than bad ones. I guarantee the passengers complaining to customer service aren't being encouraged to post on CC.

But whatever, that's just my opinion.

I was surprised to get this email this AM...from NCL suggesting I post a review on Cruise Critic !!!

Very interesting..........

SNIP on ad

Were you perchance in a suite owners suite or some sort of deluxe accommodation that NCL was hoping

for a favorable review of the your stateroom ?

Inside and Ocean View cabins don't usually warrant a review unless something extraordinary happened i.e

"Port hole window busted and water gushes in flooding cabin."

It would appear that if you are in one of the high end cabins that NCL is looking for a +Positive+ review to

bolster their representation as have something to crow about with the competition i.e.

"Our mini-suite staterooms are to die for NCL SUN for an example" !

"Our Butlers and Concierge are always available and johnny on the spot for your convenience - can your

cruise line boast the same ?"

I wonder if there are any hidden gimmicks in the background on this ?

Looking for when you book your reservation - waiting for some or all the promos - other incentives ?

It is a fact that both +Positive+ and -Negative- comments are posted here at CC - I have contributed a

few choice comments from time to time hoping that someone in the Corporate Office will take a fancy

to reading then for the improvements in Customer Service or just simply shy away from excessive pirate

type fees and service gratuities because someone wanted to run a greedy cruise line!

So Sherlock (NCL) what is a afoot with the "AD" ?

What are you trying to accomplish here ?

If I reply to your offer do I get a FREE STYLE drinky with a cute *brelly stick garnished with fruit ?

-OR- is it something more tangible like $300 OBC (and why non-refundable of course) ?

Please pray-tell what is behind the curtain with the "AD" ?

I have a feeling they know people who are annoyed or disappointed are going to write reviews, so why not prod people who were happy to do the same? I don’t think satisfied people write reviews. It’s the really happy and the really annoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's shameless because it's obviously asking for passengers to post only their happy experiences on CC.

That's like stacking the odds for more good reviews than bad ones. I guarantee the passengers complaining to customer service aren't being encouraged to post on CC.

No it isn't, you are just reading into things that aren't there for your own agenda. Not one thing there says just to post only happy experiences.

People here seems to think NCL is behind this and only wants good reviews and to achieve this they approached Cruise Critic and made an alliance.

Just a thought. Maybe Cruise Critic approached NCL and other cruise lines in a bid to get more reviews onto this site in the reviews section in order to make this site look better. Doing this to get more reviews, up to date reviews, and on more ships? More content equals more visitors equals more eyeballs seeing the advertising. Cruise Critic is also a business trying to make a profit and running a site like this isn't cheap.

A bit of a controversial a view that doesn't comply with the "I hate NCL" or the " I heart NCL" brigades. Just looking at the other side of the coin.

Every recent post-cruise survey I've received from NCL has asked if I know about Cruise Critic. Clearly THEY recognize CC as a powerful social medial site. And that's a very good thing for all of us. I don't think there's anything wrong with their asking people to post reviews.

Far from shameful. NCL and other cruise lines asking for reviews on CC serves many purposes. Firstly it makes CC into a cruise version of Trip Advisor, this is great for customers who can then make a more informed choice of which cruise line or cruise to go with. Secondly CC becomes a resource for the Cruise Lines to fine tune their business, as they can see what customers want changing, what they like, what they'd like to see more of etc. Surely this benefits all of us. We get better cruises, the cruise lines enhance their reputation and get more customers and CC gets an enhanced reputation and increased amount of users and becomes an industry leader.

Far from shameful. NCL and other cruise lines asking for reviews on CC serves many purposes. Firstly it makes CC into a cruise version of Trip Advisor, this is great for customers who can then make a more informed choice of which cruise line or cruise to go with. Secondly CC becomes a resource for the Cruise Lines to fine tune their business, as they can see what customers want changing, what they like, what they'd like to see more of etc. Surely this benefits all of us. We get better cruises, the cruise lines enhance their reputation and get more customers and CC gets an enhanced reputation and increased amount of users and becomes an industry leader.

Spot on, not-so-barmy after all! And fetch some of those lovely sausages with you next time [emoji6] 🥓[emoji505]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this statement. It is a review based on the person's personal opinion. Good, bad or indifferent it is still a review. For me, I read them off and on but someone else's opinion does not make my decision to cruise a ship. I make an informed decision on many factors.

I usually will read them just prior to a sailing if it is a ship I have not cruised or just out of curiosity but never would it influence my choice I don't think. To me it is pretty much second hand by the time I read it. We all have a way of painting a picture the way we want to see it, whether it is food quality, staff or customer service. We also all have different expectations. Some people are more roll with the punches, others take things more seriously.

Where in the world are you getting the idea they are only looking for positive reactions? Our travel agent does the same. She will ask for reviews on our trips and her service. That way she knows where her strength and weakness lie.

Where in the world are you getting the idea they are only looking for positive reactions? Our travel agent does the same. She will ask for reviews on our trips and her service. That way she knows where her strength and weakness lie.

Reviews going directly to the cruise line or a travel agent are not the same as posting to a public forum.

That could explain why many posts are deleted from this forum if they are not positive toward the cruise line.

Reviews going directly to the cruise line or a travel agent are not the same as posting to a public forum.

That could explain why many posts are deleted from this forum if they are not positive toward the cruise line.

Never notice any negative reviews deleted and I've read many of them. I think people make too many assumptions ....it's starting to read like "fake news". :rolleyes:

This is neither new nor shameless. Ever time we cruise (several times a year) we both get surveys and for at least the past year or longer NCL has asked if we know about Cruise Critic and whether we post reviews on CC. As others have stated, it no different than hotels and tour operators asking us to post reviews on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic.