What do you bring to celebrate a special occasion?

CruisingUS

I would probably order flowers ahead of time thru NCL and have them waiting at the ship. For the day of the celebration I'd have a card and small gift. Special anniversary I'd maybe do a picture frame and then make sure we took a nice picture while on the cruise to put in the frame. Nothing more.

I am interested to hear what others bring from home or buy in the city of the port before boarding to celebrate any special occasions.

My spouse! LOL could not resist.

We usually celebrate our anniversary on a cruise. Never take anything special except a card for spouse then always make sure and tell TA to mark that it is our anniversary. Cruise always sends us a gift (usually a dessert).

For my 50th birthday almost 10 years ago, I awoke to a beautiful card from my then boyfriend and now husband. How sweet I thought.

That feeling went away when I opened up the stateroom door to find a blowup walker with some over the hill graphics on it. Still don't know where he found it, but because it was flat and lightweight he had been able to keep it hidden in a suitcase pocket until I went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Needless to say gen made me take it everywhere on board that day!

My family.

Last cruise in August we celebrated both my birthday, our anniversary, brother and SIL anniversary. So seventeen familyand friends was perfect.

For this next sailing we celebrated our sons birthday. We purchased the birthday package. Cheesy but fun. Hopefully they will be able to have it done by the time we get in the cabin. If not, not the end of the world.

We always cruise during the kids "Fall break", which happens to be the same week of our youngest child (13). I always try to make it special and bring my own decorations for the room and sneak back after breakfast to decorate. This last cruise a few weeks ago, the room steward made her a very special "Towel Cake" all decorated with flowers. At Food Republic, they gave her a special dessert and in the dining room a special little Happy Birthday cake to share with the table. Other years we had ordered cakes and had them delivered wither to the room or the dining room for special occasions as well.