Carnival excursion guarantee

cards10

Lots of beach clubs on Cozumel that you can do cheaper on your own than through the cruise line. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, & Playa Mia are popular AI beach clubs; check out reviews on this board, trip advisor and their web sites to see which appeals to you. Paradise Beach, Money Bar and other beach clubs offer pay as you go options.

Taxis are fairly well regulated (especially compared to the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) and fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. It never hurts to confirm the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the taxi. Expect to pay between $12-17 each way (fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab).

Good luck with your research and planning. ;)

Thank you for the ideas. I have cruised several times, but this will be my first time going solo and was a little hesitant about doing a excursion that was not Carnival.

Which particular AI are you looking at? There is a limited number you can do both independently AND through the ship.

Thank you for the ideas. I have cruised several times, but this will be my first time going solo and was a little hesitant about doing a excursion that was not Carnival.

Join the roll call for your cruise and find others who are interested in sharing a taxi to the same beach club ;)

I've been to Cozumel solo many times, and it's one of the easiest and safest ports to do on your own... If you want to go to a beach club, cab prices will be posted for the various clubs. Another great option for a solo is the Cozumel Bar Hop, which takes you over to the East side, AKA: the wild side of the island. No electricity, just great and fun beach bars...