Live from the Whisper

Lois R

Just checking in to say I am having a marvelous time:D:D:)........weather is hot and sunny, food and drink are fabulous, other guests have been great......meeting many lovely folks.

Enjoying most everything........they cancelled 2 of my tours:( but overall it is all good.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Back home this weekend.

PS If one of the hosts could please make the W in Whisper a CAPITAL W, I would appreciate it:)

Echo other folks posts too Lois--thanks for sharing your Whisper cruise experience with us. Continue to enjoy.

Also, will send Host Dan a short note to please amend your title to Whisper vs whisper.

Hi folks,:) Last day.........today we went to Cinqe Terra.......it was AWESOME.......the scenery just amazing..........took a ferry and it went by the 5 Islands and we stopped at 2 of them. Really good day.

So, tonight is the last evening.......having dinner with one of the International Hosstess. There are 2 of them on board and both gals are simply lovely. I have eaten with both.....together, and now each separately

I will post more thoughts about it all when I get back. I do think they need to step up with their tours/excursions. For a 6 star line....then would do better finding "6 star tour operators".

Anyway, hope all of you are well!

Chat over the weekend.

Oh, thanks Wes.......I see the title is updated:)

Lois - So glad you enjoyed Cinque Terre since we will be hiking there before our Whisper cruise in late September. By any chance, do you happen to know who the CD will be on the Whisper in October? Will Captain Destefano still be on board?

Great to hear from you, Lois! Glad things are going so well. I just realized that we have friends who are embarking Whisper tomorrow in Nice, so you'll just miss them. Safe travels home and I look forward to hearing more about the trip.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I will post more thoughts about it all when I get back. I do think they need to step up with their tours/excursions. For a 6 star line....then would do better finding "6 star tour operators".

The quality of tours is a mixed bag on all luxury lines. The lines can't bring their own coaches and/or guides intimately familiar with the port and environs. So they must rely on local availability (often not sufficient to meet demand in peak season) and in some cases that means distinctly sub-six star quality. This leaves the cruise lines with a dilemma. Should they simply avoid (very interesting) ports with substandard tour operations? This might include some ports in developing nations. Or should they dock but simply not offer tours, leaving guests to their own devices? Or should they offer the best tour arrangements they can find, hoping the guests understand the constraints?

Good morning...…….I am home. Got home (in the house) sometime after 1am...……I will be taking a nap today

for sure:eek:

To the question about the Captain....he disembarked yesterday as well and I don't know who is on the ship now.

The Hotel Director is Ken from the states...…..can't recall his last name.....Fell? Maybe...…..

The CD is Vickie Van Tassell. I have no idea if she will be on board in October.....that is 4 months away.

I was in suite 623...….very nice.

Anyway, there are a few things I need to do today....laundry:rolleyes: and more important, go to the pharmacy this morning as my cancer meds lasted me through yesterday....have to pick up new ones that were delivered to the local CVS...….they normally ship directly to me but since I was not here I had UPS ship them to the store.

Thanks for the information about the Captain, HD and CD. When we spoke to Captain Destefano in March, he wasn't sure if he would be on in October. We really enjoyed getting to know him on our last cruise. We have never met Ken Fell and look forward to doing so. It would be great if Vickie were still on board. She is delightful.

Good luck with your cancer meds. There are many of us who have been in the same boat (no pun intended) and wish you well going forward. Carpe Diem!

Good morning...…….I am home. Got home (in the house) sometime after 1am...……I will be taking a nap today

for sure:eek:

To the question about the Captain....he disembarked yesterday as well and I don't know who is on the ship now.

The Hotel Director is Ken from the states...…..can't recall his last name.....Fell? Maybe...…..

The CD is Vickie Van Tassell. I have no idea if she will be on board in October.....that is 4 months away.

I was in suite 623...….very nice.

Anyway, there are a few things I need to do today....laundry:rolleyes: and more important, go to the pharmacy this morning as my cancer meds lasted me through yesterday....have to pick up new ones that were delivered to the local CVS...….they normally ship directly to me but since I was not here I had UPS ship them to the store.

Would plz inquire if the cruise sales rep will be on in OCT and if possible an email address

Thankyou so much :halo::halo::halo:

Would plz inquire if the cruise sales rep will be on in OCT and if possible an email address

Thankyou so much :halo::halo::halo:

Hi,..…….I am home now, so I have no idea if James (cruise sales rep) will be on the ship in October. And I have no email addresses.

Thanks for the information about the Captain, HD and CD. When we spoke to Captain Destefano in March, he wasn't sure if he would be on in October. We really enjoyed getting to know him on our last cruise. We have never met Ken Fell and look forward to doing so. It would be great if Vickie were still on board. She is delightful.

Good luck with your cancer meds. There are many of us who have been in the same boat (no pun intended) and wish you well going forward. Carpe Diem!

Vicki will be on the Muse in October, and if I remember correctly it’s Ken Fella. He was on the Muse last September as a stand in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lois echo Victoria’s Carpet Diem and health well wishes. How we approach these medical tipping events helps ourselves family and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning...…….I am home. there are a few things I need to do today....laundry:rolleyes: and more important, go to the pharmacy this morning as my cancer meds lasted me through yesterday....have to pick up new ones that were delivered to the local CVS.

YES, Lois, take care of of the important health, personal needs and catching up at home. Glad you are back, safe and sound!! Appreciate your follow-up and we are looking forward to leaning many more details. Understand fully it will take a few days to "rest up" from your vacation and to be able to share more specifics. I am personally very interested as to what you enjoyed most in the specific ports and your sharing of what was experienced on the Silversea ship, with the staff, food, etc. Inquiring minds want to know much more!! And, we are sure, when handy for you, you will share the "good stuff" and answer all of our questions.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 228,524 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi everyone, thanks for the good wishes...…...now the bad news...…...my washing machine seems to have broken:eek:……...rinse and spin cycle are not working:(……..my sister helped this morning. I went to her place to finish it...….but now I need a washer:eek: grrrrrrrrrr

Hi everyone, thanks for the good wishes...…...now the bad news...…...my washing machine seems to have broken:eek:……...rinse and spin cycle are not working:(……..my sister helped this morning. I went to her place to finish it...….but now I need a washer:eek: grrrrrrrrrr

Good luck, Lois! If you don't mind driving up to Central Ohio, you are welcome to using ours. It's an LG and works super well. Looks like there will be trip to Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., in your future. Usually not worth fixing such machines that go on the blink.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 235,789 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474