Opening book certificate, has this changed?

When we purchased our certificate in 2012, I put $100 down and did not have an exact booking date. When I booked, I then put the additional deposit down. Has that changed?? Do you have to put a deposit for each person???

When you created your Open Booking each name you added resulted in a $100pp deposit. When you convert to a specific sailing date, if you add anyone else you would also pay an additional $100pp with no further money due until final payment.

This only change would be if, at conversion, you book a GS or higher cabin category, then you would be required to pay a full double deposit.

Reduced deposit is 100 per person. If you just put 1 person on the booking, you'll only pay 100. If you put two people, you'll pay 200 for your reduced deposit.

Keep in mind that next cruises are changing soon. They are making it more in line with what Celebrity already changed to. You will get more OBC if you specify an exact sailing date, than if you just book one that's open. Keep this in mind when booking next cruises on board.

I had an open booking and when I finally booked my next cruise my deposit was $100 but the deposit for the others was $250/pp.

Sounds to me like someone messed up. I just booked using next cruise cert (open booking) a few weeks ago and only had to pay $100 for the second person.

Reduced deposit is 100 per person. If you just put 1 person on the booking, you'll only pay 100. If you put two people, you'll pay 200 for your reduced deposit.

Keep in mind that next cruises are changing soon. They are making it more in line with what Celebrity already changed to. You will get more OBC if you specify an exact sailing date, than if you just book one that's open. Keep this in mind when booking next cruises on board.

Do you loose anything if you later change the ship or booking date that you chose?

The ones purchased and/ or booked prior to yesterday will not lose anything if someone has to change the ship or date.

And let me add, do not let someone cancel your' booking. If you cancel a booking and then pick something else, you will lose the NCC and the OBC that you got with it. You can transfer as many times as you want, just don't cancel it.

Can I just check that I have got the new way right in my head.....

On our cruise last year we have 2 options...

* Pay reduced deposit (£75 per person) for an open booking

* Pay full deposit (£150 per person) for exact sailing

So will the new system mean we can pay the reduced deposit AND choose a date, plus get more benefits???

We actually wanted to choose a date there and then, but they would not let us do it with the reduced deposit so did an open booking, so if I have understood correctly the new system will be a double win for us!

Thanks in advance

Jenni

So will the new system mean we can pay the reduced deposit AND choose a date, plus get more benefits???

We actually wanted to choose a date there and then, but they would not let us do it with the reduced deposit so did an open booking, so if I have understood correctly the new system will be a double win for us!

Thanks in advance

Jenni

The rules you quote are different than the rules we have had in the US, both before and after the most recent changes. Both the open booking and exact sailing have had the same reduced deposit for us. So it sounds like one aspect (reduced deposit for an exact cruise) of the new rules might be an improvement for you.

Thanks in advance

Jenni

I doubt that....

Even with the reduced deposit when purchasing an open booking, once it is applied to a specific cruise we in the UK have to pay the difference to full deposit!

With a 75% reduction of OBC for a seven night cruise, the new changes to open booking certificates (NCC) are certainly not an improvement.

Edited by icsys