Live from Allure of the Seas - March 5, 2017

DH and I were on Allure in August with 8 friends. Won a free cruise playing bingo so we're going again in late May with the teenagers in tow. It's a different type of cruise experience, especially if you've been cruising a while (as in well before these mega-ships sailed onto the scene). That being said, it's a beautiful floating city and I know you'll love it!

Taking a friend (first time cruiser) on the Grandeur in September so this will be a cruise filled year.

Look forward to your posts about your adventures on Allure.

Happy Sailing!

Oh, and please let us know how long, or quickly, you make it through the terminal from curb to ship. RCI says 15mins but I just can't believe it one bit. Took us a few hours on our last cruise out of Long Beach, CA.

Not OP, but I've sailed Oasis out of Ft Lauderdale twice and both times check in was quick and we were checked in and on the ship quicker than I've ever been before. They're a well oiled machine down there and unless you get there early and they're not ready to board yet, there should be little to no wait time.

Probably too soon for OP to give info because of boarding, eating, getting into cabin, eating, unpacking, eating....... ;p

We were on the Allure Feb. 5th to 12th and we're getting on again April 23rd. Great ship. Have also been on Oasis twice and have two more booked on Oasis for August.

I will be reading this LIVE since it's something I did for many years on another cruise line and it's always interesting to read someone else's perspective of things you have already experienced.

Wait- there's an app for easier check in? Someone please elaborate! We're on Allure April 9th.

Thanks OP for the updates- keep them coming!

Not sure an app would be necessary. We got out of Uber at 11:43am according to my receipt. I sent my grandmother a photo of us on the gangway at 12:08.

Been reading the winds are high and I think Harmony is skipping Nassau. How are the winds?

My friends just got back from Oasis today and said for the past 2 days they e been sea sick. Very windy. They were happy to disembark this morning. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's windy here. We were informed the itinerary has changed and we are doing it in reverse. Which I actually prefer so it worked out.

We are at home packing for our 3/19 sailing. Your review is great, so far. Thank you for including pictures.

As for the app, perhaps what was originally meant was the app for re-entry into the port at the END of the cruise. It's a Customs app called Mobile Pass.

We are at home packing for our 3/19 sailing. Your review is great, so far. Thank you for including pictures.

As for the app, perhaps what was originally meant was the app for re-entry into the port at the END of the cruise. It's a Customs app called Mobile Pass.

Could be. We downloaded it and also packed our Global Entry cards so will update. Lots of cruise ahead of us before we have to worry about that!

Sunday, March 5th.

Since we don't have to get to the port early to secure Vibe passes like last year's NCL cruise, we decided to enjoy our morning in Fort Lauderdale and head to the ship later in the day. We hate waiting around the terminal so we figured we would take our time, grab a nice brunch and head over at a leisurely time.

I found a Cuban restaurant that serves traditional brunch items with a Cuban twist and also has a unique craft beer menu. It's called Colada Coffee Shop and Eatery.

Cuban food + beer? Sounds like my kind of place.

We walked over from the hotel despite the wind. Took about 20 minutes but it was worth it.

We started with 2 jam croquettes and a guava pastry. My wife ordered biscuits and gravy which was made with a Cuban bread biscuit and chorizo sausage gravy. It was very good. A little rich for me but a generous portion for $7.99.

I ordered eggs Benedict which had a Cuban biscuit with lechon (roasted pork), poached egg, pickled onions and a black bean hollandaise sauce.

For drinks we had the same brunch beers, Singel in Havana. Belgian Singel beer brewed with guava. Awesome!

64bce911210b04af9f5dd7159dfc8b55.jpg

4821ef506a63e20c69e366cbdd94acc5.jpg

1c44189da3e893acbbadcee7d552c8d2.jpg

We stopped at CVS on the way back to the hotel and checked out!

More on our hotel, The Riveside Hotel coming up.