Noordam - September/October 2019

VMax1700

Morning All! (except Australia/NewZealand - Good Afternoon!)

I am currently updating the HAL Dry Docks, Groups etc listing and have run into a slight oops!

Noordam is kinda due/overdue her dry dock to update to the latest specs and I have been looking for a gap in her schedule to try to find out when it will take place.

Now, there is a gap at the end of her 2019 Alaska schedules, in that she will be doing 7 day Alaskan Inside Passage cruises leaving Vancouver on 15th September 2019 and 22nd September 2019, so she arrives into Vancouver on 29th September 2019.

Her next listed assignment is 13th October 2019, when she leaves Vancouver and repositions to Australia/New Zealand for the season.

So, my question is - do you experts think that this will be a dry dock in Vancouver? (Has HAL used Vancouver for Dry Docks?) or is it 2 x 7day charters? (It's strange to have consecutive charters so late in the season).

As the best of exam questions say..........discuss!

IIRC Grand Princess (much bigger than Noordam) had some modest 'wetdock' work done here in Vancouver (well, North Vancouver) not long ago, so depending what Noordam needs it might not need to go far at all! Victoria has also been used several times for pretty extensive work on ships bigger than Noordam; even Portland had a couple of good-sized vessels at Vigor shipyards over the last few years... NCL Star, which is also bigger than Noordam, so the latter would definitely fit there too.

IIRC Grand Princess (much bigger than Noordam) had some modest 'wetdock' work done here in Vancouver (well, North Vancouver) not long ago, so depending what Noordam needs it might not need to go far at all! Victoria has also been used several times for pretty extensive work on ships bigger than Noordam; even Portland had a couple of good-sized vessels at Vigor shipyards over the last few years... NCL Star, which is also bigger than Noordam, so the latter would definitely fit there too.

If it was North Vancouver that would be great! Our youngest son lives in Vancouver (Kits) and we could take a trip over to visit, I could watch the dry dock and then take a cruise to somewhere! I must research more.