Comfortable flights overseas???

To be really comfortable you need First or business class , which we paid 3k each on our last Europe cruise two years ago

I agree

if you want comfort you need to pay $$$

won't be our first time on Norwegian .... have used them several times with no problems

their premium is exactly the same as business class seats on US carriers ... they just don't equip places with the first class beds.

they recently turned down a buy out offer from British Airways ..... they are growing .....

check their web-site you can get an interactive video and see the cabin and seats of premium .....

wife and dau flew 'em Ft L to Copenhagen not long ago for under $200! Left on time and arrived early .....

p.s.

if the best you can find is business class at over $1000 per person

do what we did a lil while back and cross on QM2 ..... 2 in a balcony cabin is less that 2 business class plane tickets at those prices! Great deal so long as you have 7 days for the trip, Southampton to NYC or the reverse.

Buy tickets on whatever airline you choose, but you should be an informed consumer.

Did you read the links? Norwegian is losing money. No business can operate losing money for long; they are going to sell to someone.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/05/04/norwegian-rejects-100-takeover-bid-from-iag-but-only-for-now/

They have to replace the engines on all their planes, and people are finding their flights have been cancelled or transferred to charter airlines, some without premium economy. I prefer reality to hopeful wishes.

Edited by 6rugrats

Thanks for the suggestions. I just want to have a comfortable seats that will really recline and foot rests. Either premium economy, business, or first class. I am going on a cruise and would like to keep the air under $500.00. I might be dreaming.

Yes, you are a dreamer. You should try to explore the various Premium Economy options and you can use Seatguru.com as your guide to seat information. But the reality is that it takes Business Class (on a decent airline) to get truly comfy seats. These days, a majority of International Business Class are lay flat seats which are ideal when one is flying overnight or long distance (we recently took a 16 1/2 hour flight from JFK to Singapore). Business Class will be completely out of your price range as you are talking thousands of dollars rather than hundreds. Premium Economy really varies between the airlines that offer that service and can often depend on the actual type aircraft. But for many airlines all you get with Premium Economy is a few extra inches of leg room (what economy used to be). There are a few that have some terrific Premium Economy...but most of those are with airlines like Air New Zealand...who has really long flights.

Hank

note that many European airlines

use the term BUSINESS CLASS to mean what in the US is FIRST CLASS

while what the US calls BUSINESS CLASS will be called PREMIUM ........

semantics

flew LOT NY to BUDAPEST not long ago (Polish National Airline) in PREMIUM ...they do not offer 'first class' ..... BUSINESS had the 'beds' .... PREMIUM had the oversize seats, more leg room, leg rests, better food, free drinks .... we flew PREMIUM ... and the plane and seating are exactly the same as Nor' Premium .....

do not get hung up on the US definition of these 'classes' ..... not-US airlines may use different terms ...... LOOK to see what the details are .....

as I said

semantics

check the details airline to airline .....

Norwegian doesn't lie flat

thought I said that .... Nor' Premium gets bigger seat and leg rest and plused meals and and ... but not a 'bed'

Norwegian Premium is not the same as US airlines International Business, and it is not semantics. A standard measurement is pitch and width. Norwegian flies 787s. I am taking a United 787 to Europe next week

Norwegian Premium pitch- 46 inches, width 19 inches. That makes it slightly wider than United's coach (17.6 inches).

United Business pitch- 78 inches (lie flat), width 22 inches.

That is an apples to apples comparison. Norwegian's Premium is closer to domestic business/first seats, which typically recline. United's domestic First/Business are slightly smaller than Norwegians (21 inches), and 6 less inches of leg room.

American business we were in a pod that most people could lie flat , but at 6’4” I was almost totally flat, choice of about a hundred movies , but food was not good. What really annoyed me is we saved up AA frequent miles and had 250,000 each but that was not enough for business class

Last year I flew Premium economy one way on Lufthansa from Barcelona to Tampa . I booked the first row . Our seats reclined with leg rests . We had TV's loaded with tons of new movies, books & TV shows . The service was wonderful .I paid $640 each using cruise air .

We booked our flights to London for September through Princess's EZair. They were surprisingly affordable. We are taking a daytime flight, so I'm not concerned about being able to recline. I can live eight hours without doing so and don't see the point in paying a lot extra to get a more comfortable seat for such as short time.

We booked our flights to London for September through Princess's EZair. They were surprisingly affordable. We are taking a daytime flight, so I'm not concerned about being able to recline. I can live eight hours without doing so and don't see the point in paying a lot extra to get a more comfortable seat for such as short time.

Good point - we regularly visit family in the UK and find daytime flights the way to go. You get to London about 10:00PM - which feels like 5:00 PM your time, check into a hotel and wake the next morning well rested and adjusted to the time. Much better to spend a few hundred coach than a few thousand business class. That extra two or three thousand per person goes a long way on other things; and, if you pick seats wisely you have two abreast rather than being cramped in a long row.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just want to have a comfortable seats that will really recline and foot rests. Either premium economy, business, or first class. I am going on a cruise and would like to keep the air under $500.00. I might be dreaming.

This is something we all want.....in our dreams !!

Would be very interested to know if you find it.

Hate to burst your bubble but no way are you getting all that for $500.

You're going to be hard pressed to even find economy fares to LHR for under $500.

We are doing one-way Tampa to Atlanta to Barcelona on Delta in a few months ..$400 apiece. Cruising with Princess, and booked thru Princess EZAir program. They get some great pricing for international flights!

We may upgrade to Delta Comfort, for the extra leg room, if available closer to flying. If not available, steerage will be okay, considering the reasonable fare.

I still will not be under $500 but have you thought about other airports? Or a non direct flight?

For example you could fly to Birmingham or similar? This may evolve one stop but could end up being better. Because of transport links there are many easy ways to get to Southampton from the Midlands in the UK.

We flew to Tampa from Birmingham with United changing in Newark,NJ. Although I think they fly to JFK now instead.

Its very rare now to find TA flights that land in England that are less than $500 unless they are part of a package. This is due to our wierd laws.

Its very rare now to find TA flights that land in England that are less than $500 unless they are part of a package. This is due to our wierd laws.

You may very well have "weird laws", but I think the cost of TA flights is more the result of the "invisible hand" than anything cooked up in Westminster.

You're going to be hard pressed to even find economy fares to LHR for under $500.

Royal Caribbeans air2sea has close to a dozen airlines with fares well under $300. Right now the 2 cheapest for one way Lax to LHR are United at $189. and Lufthansa at $207. We have business class booked for this Oct. on Norwegian for $654.00 pp. The flights from California to London or Barcelona economy are usually the same price as getting home on jetblue from FLL>