Sept. 27/18 Adriatic cruise on the Constellation

Binbrooklady

We are booked on this cruise and looking forward to the wonderful ports. Just curious/interested/concerned as this cruise is not showing on the Celebrity or any TA website any longer. Could it be completely sold out this far in advance? When it was still showing, the prices had increased dramatically? Any guesses!

We are booked on this cruise and looking forward to the wonderful ports. Just curious/interested/concerned as this cruise is not showing on the Celebrity or any TA website any longer. Could it be completely sold out this far in advance? When it was still showing, the prices had increased dramatically? Any guesses!

The ship is sold out.

Deanna

• 1 month later...

First time on cruisecritic as a poster (have read it for many years...& appreciate info I've learned).

We (a senior couple) are also booked on this cruise, fortunately well in advance!

Wondering if anyone is interested in sharing a transfer from the port to FCO on Oct 7th...looking at times 7 - 7:30am?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
First time on cruisecritic as a poster (have read it for many years...& appreciate info I've learned).

We (a senior couple) are also booked on this cruise, fortunately well in advance!

Wondering if anyone is interested in sharing a transfer from the port to FCO on Oct 7th...looking at times 7 - 7:30am?

Thanks!

we have a 9:50 flight . would want to leave before 7 am

That's really tight. It can take 50 minutes to well over an hour to drive to FCO. Then there is check in. And Security. And long walks to your gate.

Personally, I wouldn't book a flight that early. But it appears you have already done so. Can you do self-disembark? Carry your own luggage off with no assistance? Do you have a car booked?

Do you have any airline status that would get you to a shorter check-in line?

The new Security measures at the Port of Civitavecchia are complicating disembarkation for those of us going to the train station or rental car agencies. Private cars, taxi's and rental cars are no longer permitted to access the ship berth area. You have to go to a collection point and use the Port Shuttle bus. With luggage this is not as easy as before. I have asked the Captains Club desk to work with Shore Excursions that arranges the shuttles to FCO to offer a quick stop at the Train Station since its on the way to the Autostrada onramp southbound. They seemed interested to benefit those using the other services in the city of Civitavecchia including hotels etc. Besides a small fee is always good for shareholder value!!

This would just delay those that have paid to go to the airport. It would take some time to unload the people and cases. If the other people miss their planes this would not be good for Celebrity. It seems harsh but could cause so many problems. I’m also not sure the coach could stop at the station. It seems that the port is making it very difficult for independent travellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the stop was organized, my guess is 10 to 15 minutes at the station. I have always seen a coach or two at the station on my frequent trips. Proper scheduling by the ships staff is what you would expect.

We are on this same cruise and wondering if we should get a cab in Venice to the cruise port or get a ship transfer. Does anyone have experience with this or know what it would cost for a taxi? Do the drivers understand English? Does anyone know what the ship transfer costs?

Buon giorno Treasurer: I would have to know where you are staying before the cruise to offer suggestions. We always stay in Mestre on the mainland to make access to the Cruise Terminal easy. Its a short cab ride across the lagoon. The Hotel Bologna (Best Western) in Mestre is right across the street from the train station so its a 7 minute ride across the lagoon to the center of Venice. The train station also makes it easy to get to Verona, Bologna and other parts of Italy.

Communicating with a cab driver has never been a problem. But a little Italian goes a long way.

I don't know about transfer costs in Venice. Suggest a call to Celebrity.

Ciao

Yes, taxi is very easy at the airport and is the way to go.

Yes, the cab drivers understand enough English to know where you want to go.

Don't remember the price...maybe someone else will help there.

The taxi will drop you right at the luggage collection spot at the pier.

If you arrive on an early flight and want to go into town that is not a problem. Just put a luggage tag on your carry-ons and take your valuables with you and off you go. We arrived just before 9am and the porters were all set up. You can check in later.

Celebrity transfer is the usual---wait for the bus to fill up and go. Waste of time!!

The new Security measures at the Port of Civitavecchia are complicating disembarkation for those of us going to the train station or rental car agencies. Private cars, taxi's and rental cars are no longer permitted to access the ship berth area. You have to go to a collection point and use the Port Shuttle bus. With luggage this is not as easy as before. I have asked the Captains Club desk to work with Shore Excursions that arranges the shuttles to FCO to offer a quick stop at the Train Station since its on the way to the Autostrada onramp southbound. They seemed interested to benefit those using the other services in the city of Civitavecchia including hotels etc. Besides a small fee is always good for shareholder value!!

Uggg. We don't travel until next year so hope they change this or somehow make it easier. It has always been nice to just walk off the ship and meet your private transport to either Rome or FCO :mad:

M

Uggg. We don't travel until next year so hope they change this or somehow make it easier. It has always been nice to just walk off the ship and meet your private transport to either Rome or FCO :mad:

M

The folks picking us up on Oct 7 said they can still meet us at the ship. We shall see!

The folks picking us up on Oct 7 said they can still meet us at the ship. We shall see!

If you manage to remember after recovering from vacation fog, please post and let us know! Thanks.

• 1 month later...
If you manage to remember after recovering from vacation fog, please post and let us know! Thanks.

We ended our cruise today :(. And the taxis/pick ups were able to meet us right by the ship.