Cruise with my son in June for high school graduation, port Charleston

landers

You have to make an initial deposit when you book the cruise. You will be told the date by which the final payment has to be made. This is called the final payment date. It could be anywhere from 60 days (for a short cruise) before sailing, to 90 days (longer cruise). You can make any number of payments up until the final payment date, when you have to pay the balance. EM

As Essiesmom said you can make payments between the initial deposit and the final payment date, but as I understand it the timing and amounts would be up to you. I'm not familiar with cruise lines offering any specific financing through them. Their only required payments are a deposit due at booking and the final payment when due as specific by the cruise line.

Another thought would be to pay yourself the amount you would set aside each month for the cruise line which would allow you to hang on to your money until it is due rather than let the cruise line have it to their advantage.

As to ideas for a cruise my suggestion would be to talk with a travel agent that specializes in cruises to see what ships and itineraries are available from Charleston that would fit your time frame and cruise preferences. You may be limited in selection from there and will need to consider other departure ports, but a travel agent could guide you with those options.

Lastly I assume you mean next June as there likely will be limited options on available staterooms for cruises this June and full payment will be due at the time of booking. But that must be the case since you are interested in financing over time....:)

Ideas on cruises. Live in NC. Do the cruise lines have a finance program that i could pay off in installments

not as such. if you are looking at this June at this point not only would there be little availability, you would have to pay in full up front.

for next year, book now and pay it off by making payments via your credit card. it must be paid in full anywhere from 75-90 days prior to sailing.

IIRC Charleston has very limited options anyway both in terms of lines to choose from and itineraries offered.