Priority Boarding with a twist????Emerald Status/Adjacent Cabins/First Timers

Okay, here is the complicated scenario:

1) My wife and I are EMERALD, and staying in a Junior Suite

2) Adjacent to us is my 2 daughter's cabin (one is younger and Emerald due to my status, the other is older and bumped back down a level) + a new cruiser friend

3) Adjacent to daughter's cabin, is my son's cabin (Emerald as well, due to my status) + 2 new cruiser friends

I know since we are all traveling together, we should have a non-issue with our Junior Suite or Emerald Status allowing us to priority board with all member of my three cabins (Okay, maybe I am assuming this, but there is an Emerald level passenger in each of the three cabin...

BUT...

The parents (also first time cruisers) of the kids travelling in my cabins, are also cruising with us, but not in a suite (and obviously have no C&A status yet)...

SO...

Do you think we will ALL be able to priority board due to all of the intertwining of cabins/Emerald Status/passengers/children/parents...OR do we just forego any advantage of priority boarding and go through the normal line all together (and yes, I know, sometimes it is faster than priority anyway)..

Thanks for any thoughts or experience with same (complicated) scenario...

David

Edited by CHAMPDDS

If you arrive at the terminal together, they will most likely allow your party to stay together.

If the terminal people tell you that the non-Emerald/Suite people cannot board with you, then wait 10 minutes and board with them.

It's really not a big deal at all.

We' D+ and on several occasions have cruised with first timers. When we got to the terminal, we just told the person directing people we were travelling together and we were able to check in, sit and board together. They are usually quite accommodating.

If the terminal people tell you that the non-Emerald/Suite people cannot board with you, then wait 10 minutes and board with them.

It's really not a big deal at all.

Exactly. :) It is really not the big deal that people make it out to be. Next cruise you can use the Priority Boarding, which as stated, only saves but a few minutes anyway.

• 11 months later...