Celebrity Reflection vs. NCL Spirit

ljgirl

Hi All!

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please advise where the right place would be.

My family (My husband, myself and 2 kids, ages 14 and 17) are looking to go on a Mediterranean cruise this summer. The 2 itineraries that fit our travel dates are on these 2 ships. Does anyone have an opinion on which would be better? We have only cruised once and it was on the NCL Getaway.

Thanks!

The Spirit is a smaller and older ship compared to the Reflection,it's a lot smaller than the Getaway... .The Spirit itinerary is very good with overnight in Venice included.

Spirit cabins are small compared to Reflection....if you haven't visited Greek Islands before I would pick the Reflection.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I've was on the Spirit back in 2004. Also, one one of their newer ships the Breakaway last year. The Spirit is obviously older but we had a fun time doing a 10 Southern Caribbean. Nothing special or fancy just a good cruise. The Breakaway, Getaway etc are huge mega-ships. As much as I like new, we did not care for the hoards of people. Sure there's lots to do, but you have to wait in lines to do it. Their entertainment was the best I've experienced at sea. The food in the regular venues is so-so. But they have great speciality restaurants. I am new to Celebrity but am trying it out because everyone raves to me about Celebrity. The reflection gets good reviews, supposedly higher end service and maybe a newer vessel. Honestly, I'd base it on which itinerary I wanted. I look for ways to get to places I haven't been or want to see again. There's probably no bad decision here so good luck !

I've been on both the Spirit and the Reflection.

I did the Grand Med with Spirit in 2014. At the time, I was hesitant because of the age and size of the ship. However, it was port heavy that I really appreciated the smaller size to get around. Basically, you'll be using the ship mostly as a hotel because you'll be out and about in ports for most of your sailing.

I did the Caribbean on the Reflection and yes, the ship is beautiful! But again, it took what seemed to be forever just walking from my cabin in the rear of the ship to the midship elevators.

I remember to be in your shoes before booking my Grand Med cruise. I chose the Spirit because it was cheaper and has an extra stop or two.

Just to add - the overnight in Venice while nice, the free boat shuttle only operates until 10pm. So if you're still "downtown" after 10pm, you need to get a taxi to return to the ship.

• 1 year later...
Hi All!

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please advise where the right place would be.

My family (My husband, myself and 2 kids, ages 14 and 17) are looking to go on a Mediterranean cruise this summer. The 2 itineraries that fit our travel dates are on these 2 ships. Does anyone have an opinion on which would be better? We have only cruised once and it was on the NCL Getaway.

Thanks!

------------------------------------

Hi we are looking into these very 2 cruises with teen girls the same age. for this coming summer. I'm curious to hear which cruise line you ended up on and how you found it. Please share! I am leaning towards the Celebrity as the ship sounds newer, but would love to hear a first hand review. thanks!

• 7 months later...
Hi All!

Thanks!

Hi can I ask what you ended up doing? We are booked and headed out on the reflection in June. Hoping you had a great trip and would love any feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Forums