Where does Prinsendam dock in Lisbon?

cruisemom42

Can anyone tell me where Prinsendam docks in Lisbon? I know there are a couple of ports, just not sure whether one is dedicated to smaller ships or whether it's by cruise line or just 'luck of the draw' which ships dock where.

I'd like to stay in Belem pre-cruise if that's where the ship will be. Otherwise would probably stay in Alfama, which is my favorite area of Lisbon.

Can anyone tell me where Prinsendam docks in Lisbon? I know there are a couple of ports, just not sure whether one is dedicated to smaller ships or whether it's by cruise line or just 'luck of the draw' which ships dock where.

I'd like to stay in Belem pre-cruise if that's where the ship will be. Otherwise would probably stay in Alfama, which is my favorite area of Lisbon.

In Santa Apolonia, that's the cruiseport, across from the train station...

When we were in Lisbon on the Rotterdam last year, we docked in Alfama area. We could walk from Sr. Fado to the ship in less than 10 minutes.

A few years earlier when we were on the Prinsendam we docked in the same location. No guarantees of course, but it appears that this HAL's location for docking.

Edited to say - Sir P seems to have confirmed this since that train station is in the Alfama district.

We could name three different docking places...and we would be right :). That is because there are five different docking locations in Lisbon, and pier assignments can change from cruise to cruise.. And there can even be a last minute change (this happened to us on one cruise) because of issues at the port (such as when another ship is delayed leaving a pier).

The most reliable info will be from the Port of Lisbon

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING

If you click at the "estimated arrivals" link (on the right side) you can search for a specific date. But since nothing is written in stone....they do use the term "estimated."

Hank