Equinox Ft. Lauderdale? Miami? Where to Stay?

Cruisepugs

Hi!

We're going on the Equinox soon and I have a few questions for you experienced travelers. We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale. The ship leaves out of Miami. I cannot find anything in the documents I received that says where the port is. I know some ships leave out of Ft. Lauderdale and some out of Miami - it isn't the same port, is it? I'm looking for an address for the port the Equinox docks at. Also, we will be getting in late the night before and would like suggestions on where to stay that is reasonably priced and comfortable. Should we stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Thank you in advance!

They are separate ports. Any shuttle company will know how to get to Miami. Its about 45 minutes or so depending on traffic from the FLL airport.

You might post on the Florida Departures Board for hotel recommendations.

You are sailing from the Port of Miami. The Hampton Inn Brickell is in a very nice area of downtown Miami. Lots of places to eat and about 10-15 minute Uber ride to the port.

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell and will stay there again on the next trip to Miami. As a previous poster stated there are many places to dine in the area. The hotel does have a shuttle to the port or you could use Uber or a taxi.

It's much cheaper to fly into Fort Lauderdale from our home airport in Chicago so we'll typically stay at an airport hotel in Dania Beach like Cambria Suites, Hyatt House or Hyatt Place with a free breakfast and free shuttle from the airport. You can easily hire a shuttle service in the morning from these hotels to Port of Miami. We'll typically use SAS shuttle or QLS for about $20-$25 per person. It only takes about 45 minutes to get to the pier.

Hi!

We're going on the Equinox soon and I have a few questions for you experienced travelers. We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale. The ship leaves out of Miami. I cannot find anything in the documents I received that says where the port is. I know some ships leave out of Ft. Lauderdale and some out of Miami - it isn't the same port, is it? I'm looking for an address for the port the Equinox docks at. Also, we will be getting in late the night before and would like suggestions on where to stay that is reasonably priced and comfortable. Should we stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Thank you in advance!

We fly Southwest so we always land at FLL and have stayed in both Dania Beach at the Hilton Garden Inn, which has a free shuttle to and from the airport, a very nice restaurant and pool area. They will arrange transportation to Port of Miami or you can make your own arrangements. We use Go Airport Shuttle for transport from FLL to port. You can book them on line or when you arrive in FLL collect your luggage and go outside to the shuttle stand. They have shared rides as well as private cars, the drivers are all very good, new comfortable cars and excellent reliable service. You can also arrange for them to pick you up at the port and bring you to FLL for your return home.

We've also flown into FLL and used Go to take us to the Hilton Hampton Inn at Miami Int'l airport, which is a lovely hotel with nice free b'fast and some really good restaurants within easy walking distance (no more than 1/4 mile) There's also a shopping center across the street and they have a shuttle to the port that I think was $10 pp and you reserve your time at check-in. You can watch the planes land and take off from MIA but you don't hear a sound!!

For the trip home, might I suggest the X shore excursion with the airboat ride and drop off at FLL. The airboat is at Sawgrass State Park, lasted about an hour and we saw tons of alligators! Down side was the drop off at FLL at 1:30 pm for a 6:30 p.m. flight! If you 've never done an airboat ride, consider it...if you have take the GO shuttle!!

Getting in late the night before, then it comes down to sleep in the next morning, or crash that evening and start again the next day. Pick your poison.

We also stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell, it is a great location and the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever seen, and I've stayed at a lot of them. I would bet, though, it is a little more expensive than the FLL airport hotel, and if you get there late you may not enjoy the restaurants and shops around it. If you are a sleep in person, you will be close to Publix and a couple of CVSs for last minute essentials, and a quick taxi to the port. Bon Voyage

We always fly into FLL from NJ and stay there overnight before a cruise out of Miami because we save hundreds of dollars on flights and hotels by doing this. The last 2 times we have stayed at the Hilton Marina hotel on 17th Street. They have a very nice pool area and have a local taxi service on site which will take you around the area for taxi fare They have nice rooms overlooking the marina there or you can go in the tower for a little more. The last time we went to a casual place with very good food called Gilbert's 17th Street Grill. Atmosphere is not what you're paying for but good food at reasonable prices. I had the fried snapper (very large portion) for 19.95. Free refills on soft drinks, the young guys come around and help you. There are also 2 liquor stores nearby you can walk to from there and get your wine.The year before we went to the Boatyard which was upscale casual but much more expensive and much smaller qualities

We took SAS shuttle service to Miami. About a 25 minute ride for $15 p\p plus tip.

Enjoy your cruising days.

You are sailing from the Port of Miami. The Hampton Inn Brickell is in a very nice area of downtown Miami. Lots of places to eat and about 10-15 minute Uber ride to the port.

I agree this is where we stay when sailing from Miami.

We were in exactly the same situation last fall because it's far cheaper for us to fly to and stay in Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Airport/Cruise Port South. Of course, the cruise port they refer to in their name is Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, not Port of Miami. I contacted SAS at ridesas.com and booked transportation to Port of Miami. There were enough people on our roll call that we could fill a van so we got a discounted price and scheduled non-stop service from the hotel to the port - it took about 30 minutes. The same group of us also booked a private return to FLL on SAS. The driver picked us up at the port and took us straight to the airport.

If you don't want to arrange a private van, SAS does a regular pickup at the Quality Inn but you may make stops at other hotels on the way to Port of Miami.

The Quality Inn is far from a luxury hotel but if you're arriving late, who cares? They have a decent breakfast that you can enjoy poolside.

We fly into Fort Lauderdale. We stay at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port or the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. We have used SAS in the past (3 times) but after our last bad experience (return March 2018) with SAS we won't use them again.

Edited by davekathy

If you are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and arrive after 3pm please note that most of the shuttle services, i.e. SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff will NOT go down to Miami after that time. Traffic is horrendous....Best is to spend the night in Ft. Lauuderdale and head down to Miami in the morning.

We always fly into FLL from NJ and stay there overnight before a cruise out of Miami because we save hundreds of dollars on flights and hotels by doing this. The last 2 times we have stayed at the Hilton Marina hotel on 17th Street. They have a very nice pool area and have a local taxi service on site which will take you around the area for taxi fare They have nice rooms overlooking the marina there or you can go in the tower for a little more. The last time we went to a casual place with very good food called Gilbert's 17th Street Grill. Atmosphere is not what you're paying for but good food at reasonable prices. I had the fried snapper (very large portion) for 19.95. Free refills on soft drinks, the young guys come around and help you. There are also 2 liquor stores nearby you can walk to from there and get your wine.The year before we went to the Boatyard which was upscale casual but much more expensive and much smaller qualities

We took SAS shuttle service to Miami. About a 25 minute ride for $15 p\p plus tip.

Enjoy your cruising days.

We stayed in this Hilton as well and it is a beautiful hotel with an excellent outdoor restaurant....a real treat for us Northerners in Feb. BUT be aware that Feb-March is spring break for college kids and they were dominant at this hotel because of its size, proximity to airports and beaches! We couldn't get near the pool and the noise level was off the charts, especially after dark!!

You need to leave from the Port of Miami, not the port right near the FLL airport. You could either take a shuttle down to Miami when you get in an stay there for the night or stay in FLL. If you go to Miami when you get in, I would also recommend the Hampton Inn in Brickell. We have also stayed at YVE right across from Bayside and found it to be clean and comfortable but with small rooms and only two elevators for the whole place. However it is usually available cheaper than the Hampton Inn and it is right next door to a CVS and there are restaurants across the street.

Personally, if arriving late, I would find a FLL airport hotel with an a shuttle to the airport for free (Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn FLL Airport came up in a quick google and both have fast food within walking distance if you need something late night). I would shuttle to the hotel, sleep, eat their free breakfast and then get a shuttle to the Port of Miami bright and early. If you can't get your shuttle to pick you up at your hotel you could use the airport shuttle from your hotel to go pack to FLL and get the shuttle you hire there! We always use SAS to go from FLL airport to the port in Miami. Good luck and have a great trip!

Last month, flew into FLL and took Uber to Hampton Inn Brickel in Miami. Highly recommend this very nice hotel. It’s very close to restaurants, and the totally free Metromover, which will take you to Bayside, is right down the block from the hotel.

We always have good luck booking Priceline Express Deals. Last year we got The W Hotel for 190.00 USD. (Normally $500-$600 a night). Next year we got Four Points Sheraton for 120.00 USD. We fly into FLL - Uber to hotel $41.00.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last month, flew into FLL and took Uber to Hampton Inn Brickel in Miami. Highly recommend this very nice hotel. It’s very close to restaurants, and the totally free Metromover, which will take you to Bayside, is right down the block from the hotel.

If you don't mind me asking. How much was an Uber from FLL to the Hampton Inn Brickell? Wondering if it would be cheaper than our shuttle price on SAS. I also happen to have an uber gift card!