Montego Bay- family friendly beach

loriepta

I hate the bothersome peddlers and beggars in town, It's overwhelming. We take a taxi about 4 blocks to Sunset Beach resort. All-inclusive and private. It's on a peninsula, so nobody gets in except guests. They have day passes for about 60 bucks. less for kids. 3 pools all the food and drink and a waterpark for the kids with watersides and a Lazy river. It is TOTALLY worth it. It's not the most tropical of beaches, but it's pretty nice. I posted a recent video on youtube. We have gone there each time we went to Montego Bay. Otherwise we would have just stayed on the ship to avoid the hassles.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Edited by HOUSTONVIP

We went to Hilton Rose Hall. It's a little more expensive, but well worth the money. The place is absolutely gorgeous and plenty of things to do. The water park is simply amazing!

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures listed in my signature line.

I hate the bothersome peddlers and beggars in town, It's overwhelming. We take a taxi about 4 blocks to Sunset Beach resort. All-inclusive and private. It's on a peninsula, so nobody gets in except guests. They have day passes for about 60 bucks. less for kids. 3 pools all the food and drink and a waterpark for the kids with watersides and a Lazy river. It is TOTALLY worth it. It's not the most tropical of beaches, but it's pretty nice. I posted a recent video on youtube. We have gone there each time we went to Montego Bay. Otherwise we would have just stayed on the ship to avoid the hassles.

Hope this helps.

Robert

watched (& commented on) your video! thanks for sharing this.....it took me back to when our family went there some years back for a wonderful day full of lazy and enjoyable memories!

Hope this helps.

Robert

Did you have to prebook or were you able to go the day off and pay? If you prebooked who did you book through? Thanks.

Yes admission is for all you can eat and includes alcohol, We never pre-book, just take a cab over and the front desk will excort you to a room where they collect your money, take your ID and give you an armband. You pick up your ID on the way out.

Robert

Thanks for the your view and the video on Sunset Beach. I was on the fence between a couple places but we are going to go ahead and book Sunset beach for our trip in June.