Please think of your table mates

Summergee

I agree, I fail to understand why the first sitting is so popular. After all it's only two hours between afternoon tea and dinner.

I don't do afternoon tea as I can't eat four meals a day - I sometimes skip lunch as well. The late sitting is too late for me to eat and it also clashes with the ballroom dancing in the Queen's Room.

Daisy

Not everyone partakes in tea, especially daily.

Not everyone wants to be eating dinner at 10 PM.

We have afternoon tea once per voyage as a treat. And we like to eat at 7.30. If this isn’t possible, and we are in Britannia, then it has to be second sitting.

I don't do afternoon tea as I can't eat four meals a day - I sometimes skip lunch as well. The late sitting is too late for me to eat and it also clashes with the ballroom dancing in the Queen's Room.

Daisy

Then the first seating is perfect for you. Enjoy!

I'm in the fitness center 90 minutes in the morning and again, 90 minutes, in the afternoon. The late seating is perfect for my metabolism and gives me sufficient carbs to be on the dance floor for a couple of hours.

Growing up in the early 50’s—grandmother and grandaunt had their daily hot toddy precisely at 4pm.- nibbles for the kids were put out- parents cocktails at 7pm - we had our Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers- dinner at 8. QM2 is like being home. I am glad not everyone desires the late seating, my first choice.

Interesting thread. We have sailed on Cunard a few times and have always been in the grills, so a table for two and anytime dining suits us well. However in December 2019 we are doing a month on QM2 and frankly cannot afford the grills for that length of time and so we will be in Britannia restaurant for the first time. We have requested a table for six and thought this would also be a good idea for Christmas and the New Year dinners. However having seen some of the comment's on this thread I am thinking perhaps a table of 8-10 to guarantee there will be lots of people around us enjoying the celebration.

Peter and Jenny

Interesting thread. We have sailed on Cunard a few times and have always been in the grills, so a table for two and anytime dining suits us well. However in December 2019 we are doing a month on QM2 and frankly cannot afford the grills for that length of time and so we will be in Britannia restaurant for the first time. We have requested a table for six and thought this would also be a good idea for Christmas and the New Year dinners. However having seen some of the comment's on this thread I am thinking perhaps a table of 8-10 to guarantee there will be lots of people around us enjoying the celebration.

Peter and Jenny

14 days on QM2 this summer at a table of 6. With a rare exception of a couple of nights all 6 of us came. We even met a few times for lunch.

This has been our experience on other cruise lines as well.