In the dark

Pokeahanus

First time cruiser and am having trouble finding an answer to my concern. I am confined to a mobility scooter and would like to know if the loading of passengers iat Pier 91 in Seattle WA done using stairs, ramp, combination ?

Scooters, wheelchairs etc are led to an elevator.

First time cruiser and am having trouble finding an answer to my concern. I am confined to a mobility scooter and would like to know if the loading of passengers iat Pier 91 in Seattle WA done using stairs, ramp, combination ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Pier 91 in Seattle has elevators for your scooter to get you to the check-in level. Your scooter and your accompanying family will board with others with disabilities, before all passengers. The gangway to the ship is a series of short ramps in the same manner as stairways going to higher floors in a hotel. There are no steps for your scooter or for any passengers after check-in.

Enjoy your cruise and especially the mobility your scooter will give you in both boarding as well as aboard the ship.

I don't have my own wheelchair. So after we are dropped off, my husband leaves me with all the luggage and goes and gets help -- wheelchair for me and someone to help us with all our luggage.

Inside pier 91 we take an elevator up to the second level where we check in.

Wheelchair people are taken onto the ship first.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Pier 91 in Seattle has elevators for your scooter to get you to the check-in level. Your scooter and your accompanying family will board with others with disabilities, before all passengers. The gangway to the ship is a series of short ramps in the same manner as stairways going to higher floors in a hotel. There are no steps for your scooter or for any passengers after check-in.

Enjoy your cruise and especially the mobility your scooter will give you in both boarding as well as aboard the ship.

I don't have my own wheelchair. So after we are dropped off, my husband leaves me with all the luggage and goes and gets help -- wheelchair for me and someone to help us with all our luggage.

Inside pier 91 we take an elevator up to the second level where we check in.

Wheelchair people are taken onto the ship first.

Boarding order for people who use mobility devices such as wheelchairs is dependant on the cruise line.

While it has been years, we sailed out of 91 using a scooter. As we recall, there are a combination of elevators and ramps getting on board. ALL pax show up and enter one line. After check in you will be directed where and how to get on the ship. YOU are directed by ship representatives the entire time, there is no chance of making a "wrong" turn.