Help With Cozumel!

bowen9475

My head is spinning! We'd like a beach day - somewhere to relax, food, snorkeling, water inflatables - would all be great. I have looked at Passion Island, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos and Chankanaab. Which would you suggest and why? It would be me, my husband and our two teens.

Mr Sanchos. We do the all inclusive and get our moneys worth for sure. While there can be a lot of people it doesn’t feel overly crowded. You get your own table and lounge chairs if you want. Super great time and it’s perfect for all ages. Food and drinks are fantastic as well. I can put away lots of grilled shrimp!

I have heard good things about Mr Sanchos but have not been there myself. We always go to Nachi Cocum, all inclusive for 55 per person not sure how much it is for tweens. The food is good and we have always had good service from the waiters it was not crowded.

We chose Mr. Sanchos based on the many reviews/videos. Since I knew we wanted to get massages, snorkel, jet ski, and horse back ride (We’re active people!). I was able to choose the romance pkg (includes a covered pagoda thingie, table w/chairs dedicated server, and 30 min. massages for two, and a rose. Also based on the reviews, the drinks and food got consistent high marks. Figured it would be a good all inclusive experience.

I think it depends on what's most important. Mr Sancho's/Paradise are similar with really your deciding factor b/t those is whether or not you are interested in All Inclusive. They both have nice beach, water toys, good food and both allow pay as you go. But only Sancho's offers all inclusive option. Nether of these have good snorkeling...just not much to see from shore. Chankanaab on the other hand is the place to go for snorkeling, And while it has a very nice beach area with chairs and a pretty view, it's not a true beach in that you enter water via stairs. No water toys at Chank, and food doesn't even come close IMO to Paradise/Sancho's. Edible but nothing fabulous. Chank also offers things the other two places don't like free sea lion show, a zip line and the dolphin experience (extra charge).

So if beach, toys , food are priorities I'd pick Paradise or Sancho's. If snorkeling is most important go to Chankanaab!

• Like 1

My husband and I (aged 50’s) love Nachi because it is quiet and peaceful. Not a lot to do there, no inflatables, nothing. but relax. I think they do offer a snorkel trip and a banana boat ride. The food was good and the water was ok but this year we are bringing teens so after doing extensive research we chose Mr. Sanchos all inclusive since it seemed more geared to a younger crowd.

If it’s quiet you are looking for then Nachi for sure but if you are bringing teens probably Mr. Sanchos.

I haven’t ever been but we are going in a couple of weeks so I’ll let you know how Mr Sanchos goes for teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely Mr. Sanchos. Someone recommended it to us and we were not disappointed. We had seriously booked our next cruise around one that included Cozumel just so we could go back. Friend them on Facebook and you'll get a good feel of what it's like there. Enjoy!

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them. We have gone to Passion Island and it was absolutely beautiful and the best day. The only reason we haven't gone back was we wanted to try something new, Mr. Sanchos. They all have their merits and I don't think you will be disappointed at any. Enjoy your cruise.

Do any of these have a Pool to use instead of just the beach?
Nachi Cocum has a pool with swim up bar. We've been to Cozumel three times and have gone to Nachi Cocum each time. The food, staff and atmosphere are top notch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have been to Cozumel three times. Passion Island was nice. Nachi Cocum was also nice. Our third time we were there we spent in the port.

Passion Island is a nice boat ride (or twister) to the island.

35602495086_bbf75e4280_k.jpg

35473573592_9ed0865e21_k.jpg

The food was good and the drinks were awesome.

They have floatation devices there.

35473564912_40062b3f0f_k.jpg

Nachi Cocum:

43033565551_9ff768978d_k.jpg

42983612042_4502b66670_k.jpg

43033561841_0473355c0f_k.jpg

• Like 1

I know that Mr. Sanchos seems to be the most popular choice, but unless you must have all inclusive...I completely disagree. We have been to Cozumel 19 times and after doing all the usual activities, including three trips to Passion Island and one trip to Chankanaab and we always go back to Paradise Beach. Mr. Sanchos is way too crowded with beach chairs for me. If you are not in the first row, you will not have much of a view at all. It is true that the service is top notch, however, Paradise Beach also has great service with way fewer people. They also offer massages, jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks and snorkeling (which is not too good) just like Mr. Sanchos. Last time I was at Mr. Sanchos (last July) it cost $55 for the all inclusive. After about 12 trips to Paradise Beach, I can honestly say that I have never spent that much per person and that includes taking some heavy drinkers with me.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Good luck!

I know that Mr. Sanchos seems to be the most popular choice, but unless you must have all inclusive...I completely disagree. We have been to Cozumel 19 times and after doing all the usual activities, including three trips to Passion Island and one trip to Chankanaab and we always go back to Paradise Beach. Mr. Sanchos is way too crowded with beach chairs for me. If you are not in the first row, you will not have much of a view at all. It is true that the service is top notch, however, Paradise Beach also has great service with way fewer people. They also offer massages, jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks and snorkeling (which is not too good) just like Mr. Sanchos. Last time I was at Mr. Sanchos (last July) it cost $55 for the all inclusive. After about 12 trips to Paradise Beach, I can honestly say that I have never spent that much per person and that includes taking some heavy drinkers with me.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Good luck!

As long as it’s not peak time like Spring Break, etc and the AI isn’t sold out, they also have a pay as you go side.

I have been to all of these beaches (and many more).

I absolutely loved Chankanaab for the snorkeling and Paradise for the beach. They are both just beautiful. I see a lot recommending Mr Sanchos, which was ok, but just wasn't one of my favorites (but that's just me).

I have full reviews on all these places (and more) if you look in my signature line. There are TONS of pictures in every review. You'll be able to see the places and get a feel for them. :)

They also offer massages, jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks and snorkeling (which is not too good) just like Mr. Sanchos.

Does anyone know if there's parasailing in the vicinity of Paradise Beach and their overall reputability? I've read there's a third party vendor on the beach, but could not find any more details. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Anyway, just my opinion.

Good luck!

We also think Mr. Sanchos is way to crowded. We do like Nachi Cocom and are wanting to try somewhere new plus its booked up the day were there in Sept. Does Paradise beach take reservations? How crowded does it get? We don't get off the ship until 10am so worried good seats may already be taken. Have you tried Secrets Aura or any other resort day passes? Thanks for any help.