Azamara Quest and Journey staff turnover

mikeyscott

Not clear from that web page who will serve as Hotel Director on Pursuit when Ryszard vacations, and his vacation is due in September. The plan has been that Fred will step up to Hotel Director on Journey when Heike vacations and Tomasz on Quest when Philip vacations. I had heard that someone was hired to do the same on Pursuit but no mention of anyone on that web page.

And what about the Chefs? Right now we don't have one on our September Journey cruises:o

As far as the Exec chef I never saw a difference daily. In the best of the best or if ordered special meals I saw a difference in style.

When we were on Pursuit for the LCV lunch on 31st July I mentioned to a member of head office staff that we didn’t know who would be captain on our Pursuit cruise next March. She said it was all listed on the website and was astonished when I said that the list there was not up to date.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting comments. The email stated that Earnest Marchain is the new CD on Quest, as you stated (we knew Russ had left), Tomasz Jadczyk is the Quest Hotel Director, Alicia Hill is the CD on Journey and that Friedrich Bubner is the HD on Journey. Nothing about these individuals just being the subs while the regulars are on holiday.

Looking at the information on Azamara’s website it seems that when there were just two ships to cover, there were 4 Captains (Captains Carl, Johannes, Jose & Magnus) 3 Cruise Directors (Russ, Eric & Tony), 3 Hotel Directors (Heike, Philip & Ryszard) and 3 Chief Executive Chefs (Monica, Fabio & Iwan), plus the Corporate Chief Executive Chef (Robert).

With 3 ships to cover there are now 6 Captains (previous 4 plus Captains Gianmario & Antonio), 5 Cruise Directors (Eric, Tony, Ernest, Alicia & Amanda) & 5 Hotel Directors (previous 3 plus Fred and Thomasz). All of these have a ‘bio’ that you can see on the website.

The situation regarding Chief Executive Chefs is more difficult to understand. The existing three Chefs & the Corporate Chief Executive Chef, as above, each have a ‘bio’. The schedules also mention some new names - Colin (was on the Quest in July), Dhani & Shijunath, but there are some big gaps in the schedule and no ‘bios’ about these new Chefs.

I think it’s a case of ‘watch this space’.

Interesting comments. The email stated that Earnest Marchain is the new CD on Quest, as you stated (we knew Russ had left), Tomasz Jadczyk is the Quest Hotel Director, Alicia Hill is the CD on Journey and that Friedrich Bubner is the HD on Journey. Nothing about these individuals just being the subs while the regulars are on holiday.

Tony and Amanda are the Pursuit CDs. Eric and Alicia are the Journey CDs. Russ and Ernest were the Quest CDs, and now that Russ has left he will have to be replaced.

Philip and Tomasz are the Quest HDs, with Tomasz stepping up from F&B to HD when Philip vacations. Heike and Fred are the Journey HDs, with Fred stepping up from F&B to HD when Heike vacations. I don't see anyone yet listed to share HD duties on Pursuit when Ryszard vacations.

If you look at the list of officers on this page you will see all the others still listed:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/meet-our-captains-and-crew

The situation regarding Chief Executive Chefs is more difficult to understand. The existing three Chefs & the Corporate Chief Executive Chef, as above, each have a ‘bio’. The schedules also mention some new names - Colin (was on the Quest in July), Dhani & Shijunath, but there are some big gaps in the schedule and no ‘bios’ about these new Chefs.

What they had been doing this past spring was having the #2 on-board chef step up to be Executive Chef when the Executive Chef vacationed. (I think we had Dhani on Quest in April.) Don't know if they'll continue this plan or do something different. As Grandma said, "watch this space."

What they had been doing this past spring was having the #2 on-board chef step up to be Executive Chef when the Executive Chef vacationed. (I think we had Dhani on Quest in April.) Don't know if they'll continue this plan or do something different. As Grandma said, "watch this space."

Thanks for enlightening me about this, I now understand how this is working.

I will be for the next three weeks; I hope there’s something to see by then