? regarding Serenity Tours

rosejazz

If you have done a Serenity Tour, can you please let me know which ones you recommend?

Initially we were looking at the Land and Beach Break at $45.00 per person...but now I see there are 2 others (not the Vaule Package) that include land, lunch, catamaran (Price 95.00-125.00 per person). I am traveling with DH and DS 16 and 13. Looking for something more than hanging at the beach. As nice as a beach and a book sound to me, the kids will grow bored pretty quickly. We all love sailing on catamarans and being able to do some snorkeling.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Rose

I did the private Cruisers exclusive....but the Catamaran/Land tour would the same almost the same and you would not be bored just call John or Caroline and ask them any questions you might have and tell them A Serenity Family member Allen sent ya :) I talked to Caroline this morning

Serenity Vacations & Tours - Heaven is only a decision away

www.*****

ambassador@*****

GI2090 Gros Islet, St Lucia WI

7116 Stone Throw Way Elkridge Maryland 21075

1 866 766 0794 toll free

1 301 576 2288 USA Direct

1 758 450 4525 St Lucia

Opps i should have added by saying Allen Sent ya you will 10% off all hotel accommodations and 5% off all tours in addition to 20% off Windjammer landing and free deep sea fishing or safari.

Thaks for the responses. Kids don't really need to be watched closely as they are teenagers, but the more personal services sounds great.

Question about the catamaran....I understand it can hold 20-50 people. Is it really crowded or is it OK even with a bigger crowd?

My DH & I just did the Land & Sea tour with Serenity 3 weeks ago. We were met at the ship by Vincent and were the only ones in his van! It was great as we learned so much about the island. Had all the usual stops (volcano, great lunch at a cocoa plantation, etc. etc. ) and then boarded a catamaran for the return trip. It was full but there was ample room for all. Were returned to the ship in plenty of time - in fact, Vincent was waiting for us back on land to make sure there were no problems. A very enjoyable day and we would certainly recommend Serenity.:)

WOW!!! I was just passing through en route to Carnival Destiny's. You guys sure know how to get me jealous.... and at least for a few days I was thinking all that good treatment we got was specially for my group.!:confused:

What do I need to do to join the family???

• 1 year later...

It's a little confusing. On one tour page on their website you get 5% off for booking more than one tour, then on another you get up to 4 people touring free in groups, yet another you need some discount code. 1. Where do I get this discount code (s) and 2. Can I get all these discounts / free tours all in one day? We are only there for the day does it matter?

Stello if my memory serves me right after speaking with John before our cruise a 5% discount is offered if you have a group of up to 17 persons or you get 1 person free if everyone is doing the same tour. Ask for discount codes I can remember reading about these on this forum when we started researching on excursions in St.Lucia. The best thing

i think you should do though is to call their toll free number to varify how you go about getting a discount.

It seem like you are looking forward to a discount Stello can't blame you then you can save to do excursion on the other islands.

Stello forgot to mention that Serenity is also in Antigua so if you use them in St.lucia and antigua not sure whether you will get a discount. Be sure to find out if you call them. They won't in Antigua when we did our cruise unfortuneatly so we missed out.:(

Ooopssss, this should have read they WERE NOT in Antigua when we did our cruise.

• 1 month later...
My DH & I just did the Land & Sea tour with Serenity 3 weeks ago. We were met at the ship by Vincent and were the only ones in his van! It was great as we learned so much about the island. Had all the usual stops (volcano, great lunch at a cocoa plantation, etc. etc. ) and then boarded a catamaran for the return trip. It was full but there was ample room for all. Were returned to the ship in plenty of time - in fact, Vincent was waiting for us back on land to make sure there were no problems. A very enjoyable day and we would certainly recommend Serenity.:)

Can anyone tell me how much your time is spent on the Catamera when taking this tour?

I have been on the phone with Caroline quite a bit on their offers and she perhaps may run out of patience with me. We have two couples booked on this land and sea tour. They are snorkeling a Ti Ky beach for 45 minutes I was told. My assumption is two to three hours since some of my group are meeting for lunch at noon to be followed by the sea cruise in March. If you read some more here on these threads you will find similar information from experienced people.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from our cruise. During our stop in St. Lucia, we did the private couple’s tour with Serenity. This was the best day we spent on our trip. First of all I had a thousand questions before I booked the tour and kept calling the 800# of Serenity. John was great and answered all my questions. We decided on the private couples tour. Yola met us at the cruise ship terminal and John appeared with the van right away. We had our own cooler filled with wine, water, rum punch and juices. Our tour was fantastic. We saw the differences in the architecture depending on the French versus the British rule. We went to a banana plantation, stopped at a Creole bakery for fresh Creole bread and cheese and had to order in Creole taught to us by John and Yola. It worked we got the bread and cheese. Yummy! We went to Soufriere, the volcano, had mud baths and mineral baths, and washed off in a cool waterfall that was surrounded by beautiful botanical gardens. We also saw the Pitons. We stopped for a wonderful private buffet lunch at the Beacon restaurant that was set up just for us. The restaurant had a wonderful view of the Pitons. The food was excellent. We stopped at a local artist’s studio at my request, we happened to drive past it and I love to look at and see local artists. A husband and wife team, he paints and she weaves, absolutely incredible things there. I bought some beautiful and unique pieces and so reasonably priced. John explained that their work is sold in the hotels who sell it for a pretty penny. We went to Anse Conchon to the black sand beach and did some snorkeling. We then stopped at rum distillery that had 23 varieties of rum to sample, I got up to nine. We also got snacks, delicious fish cakes made by John's wife Caroline, those were heaven. We had the most wonderful time with John and Yola who were the consummate hosts. They were so knowledgeable and such a pleasure to be around. You will not be disappointed. We had the absolute best time!!!!!

Ours was the fully private couples tour, $250 per couple.

We had a fabulous day with Serenity tours as well.

Easily our favorite day on vacation.

We did the private tour.

We did most of the things mentioned above.

Yes those fish cakes were wonderful, werent they!?

The creole bread was the favorite of the kids.

Perfect day, you cant go wrong with Serenity Tours.

Top notch from start to finish:)

We booked the Island Tour with Serenity Tours for Jan. 24. We met them and had to wait a short while as our guide for the day, Ernie,

had to pick up a family at a hotel before us.

They were really nice to hang out with, and with them that made 6 of us on this tour.

Of all the places we went this was the most beautiful. The flowers and plants were amazing. We wound around curvy roads out of Castries and saw amazing sites. Banana plantations and other little towns along the way. We stopped at a little house that was a little bakery of some of the best bread I have ever tasted. Ernie went in and got us some to taste and also earlier a fresh banana.

We went to a beautiful waterfall at Toraille Fall and Botanical Gardens and then wound our way to Soufriere where we saw a breathtaking view of the Pitons and went up to the Drive in Volcano.

We were amazed at the boiling, steaming, water covering this crater area. It smelled of sulfur and it rained on us here, which happens because of the volcano.

A lunch stop was made at a restaurant and we had the Creole Feast, which was very good. The view of the Pitons as we ate, was beautiful.

To our dismay, in the end we headed straight back to the ship. I asked about the snorkeling part that was to be included in our tour, and they

realized this was a miscommunication on their part. John the owner, who is just so wonderful, apologized profusely and insisted on refunding us one of our ticket prices.

I was sad to miss this as it is suppose to be wonderful snorkeling, but there was not time at that point. Even though this happened, I would HIGHLY recommend Serenity Tours. They were very professional and at all times asked if we were having a good time and the answer was always YES!!! Customer service is very important to them, and I was impressed over the refund even though we argued that their tour had been well worth the money even without the snorkeling.

I would book with them again in a heartbeat.

With the Land and Sea did you also have a beach stop?

Thanks-

Teresa

We did the private freestyle without the snorkeling and had a great time. We had done the beach and catamarans at other ports and had enough sun the first 5 days so we used St Lucia for land tours. It was a nice break in our schedule. Whatever you choose it will be a great time for all. Serenity provides a great product and they are open to customizing your tour. Lunch outside overlooking the Pitons was spectacular and we did not miss the 45 minute snorkle at all. We were glad to see the Island in depth with our wonderful ambassadors!

• 3 weeks later...
I read in some threads yourcan choose your ambassador. Does it cost more to schedule the ones recommended here?

We had Sherma as our ambassador while in St.lucia there was no extra charge but we sure tipped both she and our driver well. From my understanding there is usually an ambassador on almost all tours but be sure to varify and perhaps request who you want for the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the island tour on Serenity and John was really a pleasure to talk to. He did say that the snorkeling gear is not included but you can rent out the gear at the beach for about 10 bucks. I have never snorkeled before and am not an amazing swimmer and was wondering if someone can tell me if I can just rent the gear and go snorkle on my own with no guidance? Thanks

I just booked the island tour on Serenity and John was really a pleasure to talk to. He did say that the snorkeling gear is not included but you can rent out the gear at the beach for about 10 bucks. I have never snorkeled before and am not an amazing swimmer and was wondering if someone can tell me if I can just rent the gear and go snorkle on my own with no guidance? Thanks

I suggest you have someone show you first hot to use the snorkel equipment before you go in the water. It is not difficult but it would be helpful for you. Since you stated you are not a good swimmer I would wear a swim vest just in case. I am going on the Serenity tour and snorkel at the same location this month but I do not know the depth of the water and if the coral formation is in shallow water. If it is you need to avoid standing on it. I would call John and ask him for suggestions because he lives on the island. Snorkeling is amazing.

Archived