LIVE From the Ruby - 1 Day Vancouver-Seattle - 5/5/17

CanadianBurger

Hello again CCers. This voyage was somewhat last-minute. I happened to be working at my head office in Vancouver this week, so figured, why not get home partially by cruise ship? Instead of flying home Friday, I'm cruising to Seattle and flying home from there on Saturday. I'm staying at the Element in Burnaby tonight (nice fairly new hotel) and heading to the port in the morning. One of the things I love about sailing out of Vancouver is the rental car return right at Canada Place, so it makes getting to the port really easy.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a quick but fun getaway!

Steve.

P.S. I'm doing the same cruise on the Emerald in two weeks over the Canadian Victoria Day holiday weekend. As I've never been on the Emerald, that one was planned long ago.

Left the hotel about 9:15. Weather cool (12C/54F) and drizzly. Traffic was slow getting into downtown. Dropped off the rental car without any issues. National, Enterprise, and Alamo can process the returns right in the garage, so no having to go up to the rental counter. In the garage, just down from the rental returns is a red wall with elevators up to the terminal. Got off the elevator exactly at 10am, and security was already open, so not much wait.

83127805063006819173c67188a3bdf3.jpg

After security is customs, where an employee was pulling Nexus/Global Entry people out of the line and sending them to the extreme left two booths where there was no wait at all. This is the queue outside the customs room before I got pulled out. It snakes around a few times inside as well.

19a49a3098b933e2876131a1e212b30f.jpg

Currently in a holding area after customs waiting for check-in to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shortly after my last post, we were called to check-in. Princess to the right, NCL to the left. Check-in was quick, and they have separate embarkation lounges for Elites and Platinums. I'm 5th in the lounge. Getting by excited to board!

028a259d5bf3d4aac2c2eff986a7b597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums