Double the FCC when booking on ship.

Midfield13

Last time I booked a cruise(a yr ago) on a ship I was give double the amount of FCC.

Instead of 150$pp I was credited with 300$pp. I did buy the FCC also on board.

Is this the norm or did I happen to book when a promotion, which was unknown to me, was going on?

Last time I booked a cruise(a yr ago) on a ship I was give double the amount of FCC.

Instead of 150$pp I was credited with 300$pp. I did buy the FCC also on board.

Is this the norm or did I happen to book when a promotion, which was unknown to me, was going on?

We got it also. A promotion when you booked onboard using your FCC. In fact, announcement was made on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I might well go for something of that sort even if unsure I could do the particular cruise in question. If it turned out I was unable to take the specific cruise I could always cancel and I would still have the FCD to use over again at the regular rate of OBC. We usually book under another type of actual promo though and if we rebooked to take advantage of a Sip and Sail or something of that sort they might well kill the extra OBC.

I have booked on board in January a few times, got what was called launched fares and a large on board credit $500... so this maybe something to look for in the future. The first time I booked a new years cruise for the end of the year, when I went on that cruise, I book a cruise in early January for the following year, did not expect to get such a on board credit again, but did.

Did Princess announce this special while you were onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on a pa address said book on board get double FCC. So we booked 3 cruises. Two TA and 10 day European.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was offered on Princess for a few months in 2008 and I have not seen that kind of promotion on Princess since then.

It was offered then because bookings were soft, not the same as these days when advance bookings are at record levels.

I first learned about it from people who posted about it on Cruise Critic. It was also publicized in the Patter on a cruise I had during that promotion.

We didn't get double FCC when booking on board in November 2016 but what we did get was a promo OBC for booking a European cruise. Which did double the FCC.

Checked in February when on board ship again and no promo.

So can always check with the cruise counselor to see if anything special is going on.

There is no promo that doubles an FCC. There has been one in the past that doubles your OBC if you book using an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) while on board. Is that what you meant?

Yes it is what I meant. Did not make myself clear. I think all that replied also knew what I meant. :D

• 1 month later...

Okay.... complex hypothetical here....

We book a possible cruise during 3 for free in the Fall, for Fall of next year. (not this year)

We are sailing in December... and would like to take advantage of onboard FCD/OBC. For that cruise the following Fall. But want to book now to secure a specific cabin.

Would we have to cancel and re-book to do the FCC/OBC? (lose the 3 for free, or other promo perks)

Would Princess be able to apply this to that booking, since it is, technically a FUTURE CRUISE.

Or does it have to be a FUTURE BOOKING.

Complex questions!!!!!!

We book a possible cruise during 3 for free in the Fall, for Fall of next year. (not this year)

We are sailing in December... and would like to take advantage of onboard FCD/OBC. For that cruise the following Fall. But want to book now to secure a specific cabin.

Would we have to cancel and re-book to do the FCC/OBC? (lose the 3 for free, or other promo perks)

Would Princess be able to apply this to that booking, since it is, technically a FUTURE CRUISE.

Complex questions!!!!!!

Yes, it would be a rebooking.

The future cruise deposits are for a future booking.

Complex questions!!!!!!

I just did exactly this. I did not have any FCDs so I Booked a 3-for-free for next summer when they opened up on Sept 5 to lock in the cabin we wanted. Cruised on the Star to Hawaii on Sept 23. Bought FCDs and while sitting with the FCD lady we re-booked with the FCDs and got additional OBC. The original deposit was refunded to my original credit card at the same time.

When you book a cruise while onboard the ship and do not have any FCDs, what they actually do is sell an FCD for each of you and then use it to book the cruise. Rather trivial information but that is how their booking system works. I usually have 3 FCD on the books for each of us but that one time I forgot to replace them and found myself with a balance of 0, that is how they handled it. You can of course buy an FCD while onboard and use it then even though you have one or more already on the book.

Now I am hoping they wave that double OBC in front of me on our next cruise and watch me most likely jump on it. :D

There is no promo that doubles an FCC. There has been one in the past that doubles your OBC if you book using an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) while on board. Is that what you meant?

(y) Thanks for explaining this. That's what I thought it was.