Azura refit April 2020

thornegirl

We have booked to go on the Azura TA cruise towards the end of March 2020 leaving Barbados to Southampton.

I have just discovered that Azura is having a refit in April 2020 after our cruise, I'm very concerned that on the 5 day crossing back to Southampton the ship will be like a building site with various areas out of bounds. This is not what I want for a relaxing cruise.

I've emailed P & O direct but as yet I haven't had an answer, has anyone had any experience on a cruise that is having a refit directly after and what the disruption was.

We came back on Ventura this March and, apart from 2 Italian engineers having an extended holiday whilst preparing silently for the refit, the main issue was the early closure of the shops due to the change of franchise operator. Whether this will apply to Azura depends on whether they will have updated them before next year.

We did the very last cruise before Oriana went in for a refit the cruise was cut short by one day making it a 15nt cruise instead of 16nt. Every port of call was the same but they changed every day of visit and for the last 2-3 days of the cruise they started preparing the ship and took down pictures and artwork around the ship. It certainly affected the enjoyment of the cruise.

thanks for your information.

It wouldn't be too bad if the workmen come onboard at the last port of ponta delgada, but if there're on the ship on the last stop in the Caribbean that would be a different matter.

When I get a reply from P & O I will ask that question.