What's Been Your Luck When Ordering (Crown, Sabatinis....) Off the Menu Special?

need2cruisesoon

On our Regal cruise last year we were comped a dinner @ Sabatinis.

The waiter pushed the special and said it was his favorite, it was a breaded pork chop of some kind but I ended up not liking it.

Should've followed my gut and ordered one of the regular dishes on the menu.

Just wondering if you had better luck with the evening "Specials"?

On our Regal cruise last year we were comped a dinner @ Sabatinis.

The waiter pushed the special and said it was his favorite, it was a breaded pork chop of some kind but I ended up not liking it.

Should've followed my gut and ordered one of the regular dishes on the menu.

Just wondering if you had better luck with the evening "Specials"?

We have had neither good nor bad luck with off-menu specials in the specialty restaurants. We never have been offered any. We have eaten in Sabatini's 2 or 3 times years ago and were never offered any "special" dish not on the menu. Since we didn't care much for their menu compared to that of the Crown Grill or Bayou Cafe, we have only eaten at these steakhouses the last several years. We have never been offered anything there that was not a regular menu item.

Have never been offered "off menu" specials in any of the Princess specialty restaurant - or the MDR for that matter. So, can't help you there.

I'm general skeptical of off-menu specials as often they are an attempt by a restaurant to use up food items close to expiration or that are over ordered, etc. It's a special restaurant that has off-menu items that are really special.

We have had neither good nor bad luck with off-menu specials in the specialty restaurants. We never have been offered any. We have eaten in Sabatini's 2 or 3 times years ago and were never offered any "special" dish not on the menu. Since we didn't care much for their menu compared to that of the Crown Grill or Bayou Cafe, we have only eaten at these steakhouses the last several years. We have never been offered anything there that was not a regular menu item.

Same here. Crown Grill at least 20 times...no specials.