QM2 - B-6 Obstructed view cabins

vvnh16a

I must have an original brochure that has the Obstructed view cabins on the QM2 as a B-3...but I understand they are now B-6. For a 7 day Carabean cruise in January, does anyone have any experience in these cabins. Is the veranda better that the lower deck "hull" verandas?? When you sit on the veranda I guess you just see the life boat but you do have plenty of light comming into the cabin.

Rich in N VA

Galaxy January 2004

Carnival Victory June 2003

Constellation January 2003

Infinity June 2001

Mercury January 2000

Galaxy June 1998

Norway March 1995

Dreamward August 1993

Regent Sea Dec/Jan 1986

I had one of the those cabins. I was upgraded from an inside to a balcony. I thought it was great, if I had to pay, I think I would of rather had a hull balcony. Cunard now reclassified that category and it's now the least expensive balcony cabin.

J.P.

Before I had seen them, I imagined that I could not live with one of the obstructed view balconies. But now that I have, I could easily: they let in a lot of light and have much more of a view than I'd thought -- plus all the benefits of an open balcony.

For a transatlantic crossing, I don't think you lose much with the hull balcony -- especially when price is factored in. But for a Caribbean cruise, I think the glass balcony would be more airy, sunny, 'light' and therefore preferable IMHO.

Ultimately, of course, there are many personal considerations that enter into the decision (budget, how much time you spend in the cabin etc.).

Crouton

Archived