Playa PortoMari or Blue Bay?

SnorkelLady

• 3 weeks later...

Never been to Blue Bay - but Playa Porto Mari has very nice facilities. chairs, clean restrooms, dive/snorkel equipment rental, bar, restaurant, etc. And was very nice. Our biggest mistake was arranging the cab ride back early afternoon so we'd have time to briefly walk through downtown. Next time we're off to Porto Mari all day!!

• 2 weeks later...

Figure around $30 for two each way. I can't recall for sure but it might have been $10/pp each way in a larger who took our larger group and one or two others. Be sure to arrange a pick up time. I don't think our driver even wanted to be paid until the return trip.

I believe the trip was close to 1/2 hour. I'm estimating that Kontiki was about half, to 2/3, the time and cost.

One other comment - when we got off the ship it was cloudy and windy - almost looked like it might storm and the seas were a little rough by the ship. We initially had a pretty large group and we stood in front of the taxi after we'd discussed the time and cost and talked to decide if we should go all the way there due to the weather. The cab driver told us the weather would be fine there. About half of us went to Porto Mari and the rest went to Kontiki. The weather and conditions at both places were great all day. The group that went to Kontiki raved about the place as much as we raved about Porto Mari - but I still think I'd prefer Porto Mari unless we have a short stay or want to see another part of the island.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived