SeaDream Thanksgiving

Jim Avery

We are lurking on a couple of SD voyages this Fall/Winter. One is over Thanksgiving. We have twice sailed the week after Thanksgiving with great passenger mixes. For those who have sailed over Thanksgiving, what is the shipboard vibe like? Specifically, how many children?:eek: Seems to me like it might attract large family groups. Thanks for the information.:D

J.

Haven't sailed during Thanksgiving on SD but have on HAL.

It probably was the cruise that killed any thought of DJ's DH sailing on anything other than SD ... too many people, especially large multi-generational family groups.

Haven't sailed during Thanksgiving on SD but have on HAL.

It probably was the cruise that killed any thought of DJ's DH sailing on anything other than SD ... too many people, especially large multi-generational family groups.

That's sort of what I was thinking of.:eek:

Jim

We were on over Christmas last year. There were some families but no small children, most were older teens or 20 somethings. I did not notice any impact on the ambience on the ship. Our recent experience both in the Med and Caribbean is that any kids on board are unnoticable. (There have been a few on each cruise but haven't seen them except at pre dinner cocktails.)

We are currently book for the SXM roundtrip Thanksgiving week.

Join us.

Jim

We were on over Christmas last year. There were some families but no small children, most were older teens or 20 somethings. I did not notice any impact on the ambience on the ship. Our recent experience both in the Med and Caribbean is that any kids on board are unnoticable. (There have been a few on each cruise but haven't seen them except at pre dinner cocktails.)

We are currently book for the SXM roundtrip Thanksgiving week.

Join us.

That is one of the ones.:D It would be fun to sail together again, as long as the 30 kids stay home!:eek:

That is one of the ones.:D It would be fun to sail together again, as long as the 30 kids stay home!:eek:

With the current pricing model I don't think we will ever see the 30 kids voyage again.

We did Thanksgiving Week last year RT Barbados. One or two large multi-gen family groups but not a lot of little kids per se and all were well behaved (teens and 20s in the two big groups). Didn't stop us from booking the St. Maarten/St. Martin RT this coming Thanksgiving Week 2012. Always nice to let someone else do the cooking. The crew made it very special as always. We look forward to seeing others of you on board (several couples from last year signed up on board so it seems to be a popular week).

• 2 weeks later...
We are lurking on a couple of SD voyages this Fall/Winter. One is over Thanksgiving. We have twice sailed the week after Thanksgiving with great passenger mixes. For those who have sailed over Thanksgiving, what is the shipboard vibe like? Specifically, how many children?:eek: Seems to me like it might attract large family groups. Thanks for the information.:D

J.

Hi Jim-

We did SD 2 last Thanksgiving from St. Thomas to San Juan. What a great holiday! I believe there were 80 some on people onboard. A lot of Europeans, couples, and one family with two (2) boys 17 and 12. My partner and I love this cruise (thinking about booking St. Maarten roundtrip this Thanksgiving) since we don't have to deal with the family headaches Thanksgiving week. My recommendation is do it!

ZQVOL - don't know if you remember us -- we were the two guys from NYC on the May 2010 cruise from Athens to Istanbul. Glad to hear you're going to be on the Thanksgiving cruise. We just disembarked SD 2 yesterday and decided what the heck -- let's do it again. Looking forward to seeing you.

-Another 'Jim'

Archived