Question Regarding Specialty Dining on the Seaside

TravelinGert

My question regards an offering in the pre-paid specialty dining category for our upcoming Feb 10th, 2018 cruise on the Seaside. One of the options is a $69 trio. It names each of the three main specialty dining options but I am not clear. Is this one meal with choices from each or one meal in each? If it is a meal in each it is one heck of a good deal given the price is less than the offering for just one meal in the steakhouse.

I would call MSC but as it is the weekend thought perhaps someone here on CC already knows the answer. We haven't had good luck calling them outside of the M-F weekday hours.

Just got off the phone with MSC. The dining package is for three dinners one in each restaurant for a total of $69 per person. When I booked agent advised I had to pick dates for the dinners times for dinners will be made when you board via MSC app or calling to restaurant booking number or on your TV if you do not download their app. It is a three course dinner in each of the restaurants drinks are not included unless you have the beverage package which makes sense. You may need to check on which beverage package you have because as I read the description for classic which is what I received when I booked it states not accepted in specialty restaurant. I upgraded to premium package for $56 per person for the entire cruise which is good anywhere and is for premium brands, special cocktails, and different hopefully better wine selection. Sign into MSC and read over enhance your cruise you need to log in to get to that point. Thanks for making me aware of the deal a great buy for $69 as the steakhouse is $75 by itself. Any questions

Great info and great deal. Thanks for looking into it!

Just got off the phone with MSC. The dining package is for three dinners one in each restaurant for a total of $69 per person. When I booked agent advised I had to pick dates for the dinners times for dinners will be made when you board via MSC app or calling to restaurant booking number or on your TV if you do not download their app. It is a three course dinner in each of the restaurants drinks are not included unless you have the beverage package which makes sense. You may need to check on which beverage package you have because as I read the description for classic which is what I received when I booked it states not accepted in specialty restaurant. I upgraded to premium package for $56 per person for the entire cruise which is good anywhere and is for premium brands, special cocktails, and different hopefully better wine selection. Sign into MSC and read over enhance your cruise you need to log in to get to that point. Thanks for making me aware of the deal a great buy for $69 as the steakhouse is $75 by itself. Any questions

My question regards an offering in the pre-paid specialty dining category for our upcoming Feb 10th, 2018 cruise on the Seaside. One of the options is a $69 trio. It names each of the three main specialty dining options but I am not clear. Is this one meal with choices from each or one meal in each? If it is a meal in each it is one heck of a good deal given the price is less than the offering for just one meal in the steakhouse.

I would call MSC but as it is the weekend thought perhaps someone here on CC already knows the answer. We haven't had good luck calling them outside of the M-F weekday hours.

FWIW, the price for the steakhouse is NOT $75.

The $75 price you see is for a special dining experience in the Steakhouse. This experience goes off of a special menu, and your meal is personally prepared by the head chef. This is not the normal price/experience.

The $75 price you see is for a special dining experience in the Steakhouse. This experience goes off of a special menu, and your meal is personally prepared by the head chef. This is not the normal price/experience.

Are you able to post a link to this offer?

Thanks.

You have to log into your booking...it is in the section where you buy dinner and drink packages.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, and as it is common with MSC, that section of website is not working.

I really wonder how MSC is going to be able to compete with other major cruises in the US when their website does not work half of the time. They are able to compete right now because of low prices, but what is going to happen when the prices start going up and the customers start complaining about their pre-cruise services (website, etc) Just my two cents.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, and as it is common with MSC, that section of website is not working.

I really wonder how MSC is going to be able to compete with other major cruises in the US when their website does not work half of the time. They are able to compete right now because of low prices, but what is going to happen when the prices start going up and the customers start complaining about their pre-cruise services (website, etc) Just my two cents.

No idea. It does work for me. (At least right now).

Website worked for me also I did not purchase via the website I called to MSC and they took care of it and sent me a new statement showing the added dining and upgraded to premium on drink package. It was very easy took two minutes and had an email showing the changes in another minute after I hung up.

Ah ok THANK YOU! Now this all makes so much more sense. :)

Thank you so much for reporting this! I got called into work on my off week and didn't get to call yet. I'm definitely booking this offer. I am so looking forward to seeing this beautiful new ship and trying out all she has to offer. :)

Website worked for me also I did not purchase via the website I called to MSC and they took care of it and sent me a new statement showing the added dining and upgraded to premium on drink package. It was very easy took two minutes and had an email showing the changes in another minute after I hung up.

I have been very pleasantly impressed by MSC's customer care. In my experience they are very down to business, but always get things done immediately exactly as they say they will. I am happy to forego a bit of forced cheerfulness in return for excellent professional courtesy.

No idea. It does work for me. (At least right now).

Thanks for checking. The website is still not working for us.

Is it possible to take a screenshot of the dinning offers and post it here.

Tried to call MSC, but they are already closed even though it is only 6:30 pm EST and they work until 9:00 pm. :eek:

Thanks for checking. The website is still not working for us.

Is it possible to take a screenshot of the dinning offers and post it here.

Tried to call MSC, but they are already closed even though it is only 6:30 pm EST and they work until 9:00 pm. :eek:

Not a problem. The way it is presented makes it kind of had to get it in one screenshot, so I made a PDF of the dining options for you. There are more options, but they are all for the various drink packages (alcohol, water, soda, and coffee). And remember that this is what comes up for MY sailing (Feb 3rd).

Seaside Dining.pdf

You may need to check on which beverage package you have because as I read the description for classic which is what I received when I booked it states not accepted in specialty restaurant.

I don't think that is correct. I don't see anything in the description for the Classic Package that indicates that it isn't accepted in the specialty restaurants. It only says that you can't use the package to order food in the specialty restaurants.

From the site:

ALL-INCLUSIVE CLASSIC DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are excluded), liqueurs and cordials, wide range of cocktails, a selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, energy drinks, coolers, canned sodas, fruit juices, Premium mineral water, Premium coffees and coffee-based drinks, hot chocolate delights and takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet, restaurants, and speciality restaurants. The following items are excluded: Premium spirt brands, tobacco, bottles of wine and champagne, souvenir glasses, fresh fruit drinks, minibar and mineral water provided in the cabin, drinks delivered through room service and food served in the specialty restaurants and theme bars. TERMS & CONDITIONS: The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be interrupted and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The package is not available for charter cruises and for large groups (over 250 persons on the Lirica class vessels, over 350 persons on the Musica class vessels, over 500 persons on the Fantasia class vessels). The package is not available for cruises 1-3 night; the minimum number of night is FOUR (4).

Not a problem. The way it is presented makes it kind of had to get it in one screenshot, so I made a PDF of the dining options for you. There are more options, but they are all for the various drink packages (alcohol, water, soda, and coffee). And remember that this is what comes up for MY sailing (Feb 3rd).

Thanks.

After one issue after another, I CONTACTED Them over the phone and listed out all the areas of there site not working as it should be, anyways this rep said keep track of all the issue you run into and make a copy of them all and once you're on board bring them to the front desk and they make it right. He said he's been telling the managers in the corporate site but no one seems to doing anything. He said ever since he's been telling customers to bring in prof of these problems there's emails coming out once a week tracking how many Americans are boarding each ship and providing website errors and mismatching statements complaints. I have a folder full of screen shots of there sites with errors, failed to access, page can not load, maintenance come back later, and listing of different items, packages, base on the same accounts but different browsers, days, or computers I access the site on... I even show the rep via recording this on my cell phone and emailing him...

In one case the site had everything I've order over the phone with a rep name Marcos, however the next day I log back in and the drink packages we're missing as well as my Photo package... I called in and asked to speak with Marcos, 15 min later he calls me back, remember Me Steve, room 23abc Yes Sir, well today my booking all wrong check this, update that, and we get it worked out... Flash forward a few weeks later my room changed, packages missing, etc here we go all over again!!!... all I can say is here in North America we conduct business at a much higher standard then this...