Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

We are not quite live yet, but many of us are in Southampton ready for the exciting Bon Voyage send-off tomorrow evening.

I am hoping that during this voyage you will be able to read posts by many of the passengers (not just me) and get different perspectives of what this journey is like.

So, stay tuned!

This is wonderful. I'll be following your blog until I leave on my voyages, and then I can get updates on this thread by email which uses virtually no satellite time, then read them off line.

Roy

We are not quite live yet, but many of us are in Southampton ready for the exciting Bon Voyage send-off tomorrow evening.

I am hoping that during this voyage you will be able to read posts by many of the passengers (not just me) and get different perspectives of what this journey is like.

So, stay tuned!

I suppose I shall have to take up the baton on behalf of the Cunard cruiser ballroom brigade :D

Kathi,

Thanks for starting this thread. I will be eagerly reading all of the notes and will try to contribute once I board the ship in San Francisco.

Tomorrow you will be boarding the Queen Elizabeth! how exciting.

Bon Voyage and I'll see all of you in San Francisco.

Glenn

Kathi,

Thanks for starting this thread. I will be eagerly reading all of the notes and will try to contribute once I board the ship in San Francisco.

Tomorrow you will be boarding the Queen Elizabeth! how exciting.

Bon Voyage and I'll see all of you in San Francisco.

Glenn

I second Glenn.

Bon Voyage and see you all in San Francisco!

Chez

Bon Voyage everyone. I won't be posting again as doing want to clog up the thread but I will be keenly following your journey. Until 10th March that is. :)

I hope that we hear lots of different experiences from all who are sailing her.

Scrapnana

May I also add my thanks to you for starting this thread. Like others I to will be eagerly awaiting all contributions. I was on the QE on November and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have an excellent world cruise.

To put you in the mood, here are a few of my pictures from the QE taken last year.

QE%20res1024.JPG

QE%20Funnel%201024.JPG

QE%20Commodore%20Club%20S%201024.JPG

Am I correct in assuming that this young lady from Cyprus will be on the cruise?

Maggiemou2.png

I have about an hour to kill until I start taking my luggage down. Strictly Ballroom and I will be taking turns getting our luggage downstairs which will likely be chaotic (the hotel has a very small lobby). My boarding time is 1pm but I would rather wait there than in the hotel lobby. My next post should be from the ship after I get my internet set up.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the photos!

Edited by Scrapnana

I have about an hour to kill until I start taking my luggage down. Strictly Ballroom and I will be taking turns getting our luggage downstairs which will likely be chaotic (the hotel has a very small lobby). My boarding time is 1pm but I would rather wait there than in the hotel lobby. My next post should be from the ship after I get my internet set up.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the photos!

Bon voyage Kathi. Have a fantastic time! We arrived here Fort Lauderdale yesterday. Two more days for us.

Hugs

Marie

Candhu18: the Commodore Club on QE looks a lot bigger than on QM2.

I am getting the impression I'll like the one on the QE more. Do others agree?

Yes, we much prefer the Commodore Club on the QE and QV. There are fantastic views from the large panoramic windows which sweep right round.

According to Southampton's cruise ship schedule, there are 5 ships in today. QM2 in Ocean terminal, QE in QE2 terminal, Arcadia in Mayflower terminal and two Saga ships in the City terminal. Busy busy busy!

Have a great time everyone! :)

We can't wait to join you next week in NYC. Now I really need to get our packing sorted out.....winter clothes for New York, and summer clothes for Hawaii and Australia!

Thanks for all the work you have done on the lists, Kathi.....I am looking forward to meeting the other knitters on the trip.

Barbara M. In NH

According to Southampton's cruise ship schedule, there are 5 ships in today. QM2 in Ocean terminal, QE in QE2 terminal, Arcadia in Mayflower terminal and two Saga ships in the City terminal. Busy busy busy!

Have a great time everyone! :)

Yup, a nice collection of ships for maritime photographers :) According to this story http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-25670503 - one of the Saga ships is the Saga Ruby returned from it's final voyage today (now retired, and soon to be a floating hotel in Singapore).

Bon voyage!

QE and QM2 aren't due to sail until 8 to 8.30 tonight, There should be a fireworks show so hopefully the rain will stay away.

I have just got back from two days in Southampton. Seven of us met up last night at Ennio's, really great to meet. This morning I ran Kathi down to the ship. It took us an hour and a quarter to make the journey, which normally takes 10 minutes maximum. The traffic in Southampton is dreadful.

I was going to stay for the fireworks and the departure of QE, especially having negotiated a deal with the security people to let me go back right next to the ship to see it off. At 4 p.m. when I had finished shopping the sky was so black and it was pouring with rain and I had another 4 hours to wait until the departure, I decided to set off back home. That took me over 2 and a half hours when normally it is one and a half hours.

Happy sailing all of you who have boarded. I will be watching on the webcam as you leave and will catch you up in Fort Lauderdale.

Fondest regards Pat