***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

I bet that will be a really good show, I liked the movie very much. And to stay down town too a bonus!

I am trying to get used to this computer, will give it a week and see if I want to keep it or not. Tried to print to my wireless printer and it wouldn't do it, says its all set up but it doesn't work Frustrating!

Sounds like soon you will be out there in that hot tub no matter if its warm or not, ha ha enjoy!

Going with a friend tonight to a bunco game, and dinner, will be nice to go out again with her.

Hope Bill is recovered, maybe not completely if he is still pretty tired. Glad he will be off his crossing guard duty for a while, can rest up some more.

There was rain here last night, not sure what its going to do tonight, heard it might be rain and snow on Easter, another Holiday, ugh! hate all of them. Will go to church and then be alone the rest of the day.

So anyway, life goes on somehow.

Sharon

Sharon, if you prefer a Apple, then get it. Why try to get used to the HP if you are not comfortable with it. These people should not be making you feel uncomfortable. Just get what you would be used too. I am going to have to start looking around as my computer at home is a Windows Vista, and a lot of systems just do not work with it as it is so old. Lets face it, they only make these computers to work for only so long, so you can keep buying new one's.

Well that sounds like you will have a good time tonight playing bunco and eating out. I am sure I have not told you this. I quit bunco as these ladies we have been friends since high schlock. So many,many years, and this 1 is really fixed in her ways and is not open to new ideas and wants everything her way and her way only. So I just had it so I quit. I told them I would sub if they need someone, but I doubt they will ever call as she wants to send a message clear to me. Who cares.

Bill is not 100% yet he still has a little cough, but he is getting real close. It will be a nice break for him with spring break.

We got rain last night and heavy this morning and the rest of the day was just overcast. I did hear that beginning of April will be cold.

I also like the move as well. So I am hoping that the musical version will be just as good as the movie. I will get out of work early so we can get a jump and not get tied up in traffic.

Kathy

Hello-

Is this group open to anyone who would like to lose a bit before their cruise? My 1st cruise isn't until December 2nd, 2018 with a 2nd one in July of 2019.

Sure come on-board. We are open to anyone who wants to loose weight before a cruise or between cruises, or anytime.

Kathy

Sure come on-board. We are open to anyone who wants to loose weight before a cruise or between cruises, or anytime.

Kathy

Great, thank you Kathy.

I'm hoping to lose ideally 10 lbs by September (30th class reunion) and then another 5 by our cruise in December.

Great, thank you Kathy.

I'm hoping to lose ideally 10 lbs by September (30th class reunion) and then another 5 by our cruise in December.

These all sound like realistic goals, and I am sure you will do it.

Kathy

That's too bad you quite bunco, you have been doing that for quite a while, but I understand. Sometimes its just not worth the aggravation! We had a good time, there was about 80 women there. A really big group of lionesses, the counter part of the group lions. There was a buffet that had 15 hour roasted brisket that was so tender and good, corn on the cob and a baked potato bar with all the fixings. For dessert was warm bread pudding with a warm hot sauce. Then we played bunco. A different kind then the one we usually play. Most of the tables were tables of 8 women. They put 4 gifts on the table and each woman rolled the two dice. If you got a pair, you got to take one of the gifts. If all the gifts were gone you could take someone else's gift. We played for 5 minutes, at the end of the time who ever had the gifts got to keep them. Then the next game started with 4 more gifts. So it was a good time.

Tonight my friend I went with last night came with to meet the girls and do a little line dancing. She tried several but didn't know any of them so kinda hard for her. She is outgoing so got along good with the other girls who are very nice to everyone too.

Think I am going to get a blood test tomorrow to check my cholesterol since I started on the new meds. Have to do the 12 hr fast so will not go to Zumba.

Sharon

Sharon, that really sounded like you all had a good time last yesterday. A very interesting way of playing as well. The most important thing is that you had good food and also had a good time.

Also good that you had someone to go to the dance place as well. What kind of food where they serving last night at the dance place? But I am sure you were already filled up coming from bunco.

Good luck today in going for your blood test. I do not like fasting for such a long period. Perhaps after you get the test you might go and get something to eat.

So I woke up today with rain, and it being gloomy and overcast, and I am sure it will be this way all day long. Bill only has to work this afternoon and then he is on spring break. There is no school tomorrow and all next week. I hope to get out early to go downtown. They are also coming to power wash our pond and get it all ready for the upcoming season.

We will go to that place that we usually go out to eat at on Sunday for Easter dinner. I figured we would go around 4 and it should not be too crowded by then. I think the bulk of the crowds will go much earlier.

Kathy

There was no food last night, but we had free bunny

shots. I took some hollow bunnies and a carton of 1/2 and 1/2. The owner mixed up some vodka and some butterscotch something and the cream and we poured it into the bunnies after we cut the top of the ears off. He didn't charge us just said Happy Easter.

My one friend asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner on Sunday, but she is having her family over so I said no thanks. I think I will just go to the show and get through the day. I hate any and all holidays. I will go to church in the morning.

It has not been raining here, gloomy but no rain. I asked another friend if she wanted to go to the mall with me this afternoon so she did. We went to Bergners and I found some size 6 black jeans with a red rose on them in the sale rack for $12.00. I almost didn't try them on because I didn't think I could wear that size. But they fit fine so I bought them. Also found some $5 tops for Zumba at Penny's so was a good shopping day.

Sharon

Sharon, I have never heard of those bunny shots before. But the way you have described them it all sounded very interesting and good I am sure as well.

For us yesterday it rained in the morning and just like you it was gloomy and overcast the rest of the day. I also heard that tomorrow is calling for rain.

Bill made reservations for us at 4 on Sunday for dinner. I figured that the place will be real crowded early and not so crowded by that time. I agree that I would not want to go over someplace with family members coming as well.

So I am planning on getting out of work early today so we can get a jump on traffic, but it may not be an issue today as I am figuring most people are off today. The show starts at 7:30, so we should have enough time to get settled before the show.

They are coming sometime this morning to open up the pond for this season. I do not think they have ever came this early before. It needs to be power-washed as you cannot see the fish at all just now.

Kathy

There was not any traffic this morning going to WW. No school and like you said I think a lot of people are off work. I was up a pound so that was okay. Must have been the baked French onion soup I had yesterday.

Your fish will be happy to have a nice clean home.

Have fun at the play.

I went out for fish with the gal I go to a Florida with. I had never been to this restaurant before. It was a 2 story old house. They boiled the fish in a big pot outside. It was very good.

Sharon

I feel like I’m doing ok the first few days. My son and I went out for dinner last night and I had veggie fajitas. I skipped the refried beans although I’m sure the 2 small tortillas still had more calories than I would have liked.

I woke up to needing to do an extra workout as it snowed last night so I shoveled the driveway this morning. I’ll save my regular workout for tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter or Passover, whichever you celebrate. It will be just my older son and me tomorrow as my mom and brother live out of state and my youngest son is in basic training for the Army right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was not any traffic this morning going to WW. No school and like you said I think a lot of people are off work. I was up a pound so that was okay. Must have been the baked French onion soup I had yesterday.

Your fish will be happy to have a nice clean home.

Have fun at the play.

I went out for fish with the gal I go to a Florida with. I had never been to this restaurant before. It was a 2 story old house. They boiled the fish in a big pot outside. It was very good.

Sharon

Sharon, that was the case as far as traffic goes, until we got downtown, and the loop was like a normal day as it was extremely crowded. It took us a while to get to the hotel.

That sounded like a great place where you went to eat at. I do not know if you have ever heard of the Italian Village? So once we checked into our room we had dinner there. This place opened in 1927, and was only 1/2 block from the hotel. So a very old and upscale restaurant. The hotel we stayed at was only 3 blocks away from the theater we went to last night. The play started at 7:30 and ended at 10. The hotel we stayed at was next door to the theater where Hamilton is playing. So a very crowded area. The play was great and great music all around. Bill was surprised on how good our seats were for being on the main floor and we got discounted tickets. So all in all a very good performance.

The guy was still filling up the pond when we left. Our pond holds 1300 gallons of water. So it does take some time to fill it up.

We had breakfast this morning at the hotel and we woke up this morning to rain. But it did not rain going home. I do not know what the rest of the day will be. But I did hear that April will not be starting off nice at all as far as the weather goes. Lucky Bill is off all next week.

If you are happy with the 1 pound, then good for you. Wow wearing a size 6 jeans, that is fantastic. I normally go to WW in the morning on Saturday. But since we got home today around 12:30, I will have to try and go during the week. Dinner tomorrow at 4.

So a very Happy Easter to you my friend,

Kathy

I feel like I’m doing ok the first few days. My son and I went out for dinner last night and I had veggie fajitas. I skipped the refried beans although I’m sure the 2 small tortillas still had more calories than I would have liked.

I woke up to needing to do an extra workout as it snowed last night so I shoveled the driveway this morning. I’ll save my regular workout for tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter or Passover, whichever you celebrate. It will be just my older son and me tomorrow as my mom and brother live out of state and my youngest son is in basic training for the Army right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how much snow did you end up getting? Better you than us. Around here we only got rain, but it is damp and cold outside. So I guess shoveling the snow gave you a bit of a workout this morning.

Enjoy and have a nice day tomorrow with your son.

Kathy

Kathy I have not heard of that, but then I know little to none about Chicago. Always nice to get good seats and at a discount. Did you think the play was as good as the movie or is it kinda hard to compare? That was really lucky to have the hotel so close to the theater too.

I haven't done much of anything today, was going to go back to Kohls since my 30% is still good today but decided its much too windy. No plans for tonight or tomorrow, going to be long days. Several of my friends have said if they were ever widowed that they would not get married again. I do not want to get married again but it would be nice to have a companion sometimes to do things with. They haven't lived "it" so they don't know what they are talking about!

Enjoy your Easter time with Bill and days off work and dinner tomorrow!

Happy Easter, Sharon

Sharon, both were very similar. Except the movie did not have as many actors in it. This play had 24 actors, except for the 3 leading, everyone else had multiple rolls. Once you see the movie, then you recognize the parts in the play from the movie. Even the lead actress looked a lot like Julia, especially in the beginning when she is wearing the wig and big black boots. So yes, I did really enjoy the performance. So everything was very close and real easy to walk to. Even the restaurant was only 1/2 block away. We just paid for our tickets on-line and picked them up will call. The theater was mostly filled up.

I agree that the winds really have picked up and it was lucky that it was not blowing this hard on the way home.

I went out to the meat market and now I will be cooking steaks on the grill. Just want to keep things simple tonight. I also just woke up from a nap.

I agree with you about ladies who have never experience the physical and spiritual loss of a spouse. Both you and I have had that experience. One that I hope I will never have to experience. It is nice to have a companion. But if I lost Bill I would be lost myself. It certainly is not easy at all.

So be at piece and try to enjoy whatever you can and I wish you a Happy Easter.

Kathy

I just laid out a steak also, will make it in the house though not outside.

I went to church this morning and then went to the Wednesday night place because they were going to have ham dinner. I took two packages of carrot cake bars. But when I got there no one else was there yet and the cooking hadn't started. I sat down for a few minutes but when the owner went into the back I left. I decided I did not want to sit there alone, could just as well do that at home.

I did get a text from my grandson this morning saying Happy Easter, I love you which is something I really needed to hear. Of course it has been a very sad day for me but whats new, right.

Enjoy your steaks and glad you had a good time at the play

Sharon

So how much snow did you end up getting? Better you than us. Around here we only got rain, but it is damp and cold outside. So I guess shoveling the snow gave you a bit of a workout this morning.

Enjoy and have a nice day tomorrow with your son.

Kathy

We had around 4" yesterday. It was pretty slushy. I'm hoping our meteorologists are wrong as they are calling for snow 2 more times this week.

Enjoy your Easter.

Wow Katmu what state do you live in? We had rain this morning then some sun and now terrific wind!

Happy Easter to you!

Sharon

Hi Sharon-

I live in Minnesota so spring won't arrive here for a bit yet although the snow is melting a bit today. Happy Easter!

Kat

Sharon, Happy Easter to you today, and Happy April's Fools Day as well. Do not let anyone play any pranks on you today. But it sounds like you already got prank at the dance place being the only 1 there. I do not blame you for leaving. There is no use sitting there all alone. I thought you said you were going to the show today?

So after I came home from church I laid down for awhile. We did not have reservations until 4 pm. We have never seem this place so crowded before. As it was we had to wait 20 minutes for a table and we were there almost 2 hours as it was so very busy. So I cooked steaks on the grill last night, and today went out to eat.

That was so very nice that your GS called you up today to wish you Happy Easter. Is he the 1 who you are selling the truck to? Are you going to do anything to it so he can make it back home with no issues? I would think that if it is running so hot, he will not be able to make it all the way back without it breakdown.

Today not such a nice day as far as the weather goes, cold. I also heard that this week will be cold as well.

With Bill being off all this week will not really affect me at all. He will not have to get up at 6:30, and he is always home when I get home from work at night. So it benefits him the most. He can get back to 100% if there is ever such a thing these days.

So our pond is nice and clean and we have 5 really big koi and they seem to be very happy with the crystal clean water now.

Kathy

William Corbett

bcevergreenpark@aol.com

We had around 4" yesterday. It was pretty slushy. I'm hoping our meteorologists are wrong as they are calling for snow 2 more times this week.

Enjoy your Easter.

Hi Sharon-

I live in Minnesota so spring won't arrive here for a bit yet although the snow is melting a bit today. Happy Easter!

Kat

Yes, that heavy wet snow is heart attack snow. We were lucky this winter as all of our snow was very dry. Although 1 snowstorm we got 22" over 3 days.

Kathy