Deck seating situation on equinox

maggieq

looking at booking the equinox vs our standard oasis class for a June cruise. We never have a hard time getting a seat in the solarium on oasis class. Reading reviews that it is very hard to find chairs on deck on equinox. We are early risers who are usually looking for seats around 8:30/9am. Is that too late to find a seat in the sun?

There is a 30 minute limit if you leave a lounger unattended so if you see one and are sure it has been that long you can ask the pool butler to remove what ever was left on the seat. Sometimes it is a flip flop or a library book on a towel

There is a 30 minute limit if you leave a lounger unattended so if you see one and are sure it has been that long you can ask the pool butler to remove what ever was left on the seat. Sometimes it is a flip flop or a library book on a towel

There are many nice loungers on the top decks that are in the sun.

They aren’t around the pool but they are in the sun and I don’t understand why people need to lounge around the pool. I am at sea and I want to look at that and not a pool. I can do that at a any motel or the local park.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On the Equinox March 24th cruise, first sea day, at 9am 99.9% of all deck chairs /loungers were taken or chooged.

We got lucky and got 2 loungers on the Solstice deck which only had folded towels on them.

For hours there was a constant stream of people walking by unsuccessfully looking for a place to sit.

Of course chair hogs are partly to blame, but also ship design and lack of loungers. There was open deck space but not enough chairs.

Otherwise the ship and cruise were completely awesome.

In post #1 OP asked about loungers in the Solarium and also about getting them in the sun. The Solarium is the indoor pool. I have not seen problems with getting chairs there. At 8:30 we don't have problems getting loungers outside, but since we prefer them in shaded areas we are looking for different things.

looking at booking the equinox vs our standard oasis class for a June cruise. We never have a hard time getting a seat in the solarium on oasis class. Reading reviews that it is very hard to find chairs on deck on equinox. We are early risers who are usually looking for seats around 8:30/9am. Is that too late to find a seat in the sun?

I prefer deck 14 (one deck above the pool) over deck 12 (pool deck). We did a B2B cruise (24 March and 31 March ) on the Equinox and loungers filled up quickly on sea days on both cruises. I walked the track every morning from 5:45 AM to 7:00 AM and the chair hogs were out as early as 6:15 marking their territory on both decks 12 and 14 and then left. The biggest problem during the day are those lazy inconsiderate cruisers that sit in a lounger for awhile, leave and don't take their used towel with them. I did see pool butlers removing towels from unoccupied loungers. There also were those inconsiderate cruisers that felt they were entitled to have loungers in the sun as well as in the shaded covered (canopy) areas at the same time.