Connecting Inside Cabins on Independance

Hi, we will be cruising on the Independence of the Seas in Jan and have two connecting inside cabins so we can put our 3 year old to sleep early in the room.

I am curious where the door placement is, and if it can be propped open at night without too much swinging around as I do want to keep the door open a little bit so we can hear if he needs us or not. He is light sleeper so there is no way he could ever sleep in the same room as us and the prices were pretty good to get two cabins connecting like this. Great for his nap times too.

Does anyone have any pictures of a cabin like this? or know if it is possible to keep the door ajar a little?

Thanks!

I have never had a problem keeping the door open.

When you first get to your cabins, the door will probably be locked. Just ask your cabin steward to open it and it will be kept unlocked for the rest of your cruise, even if you close it.

we just had an inside connecting cabin on Independence. The connecting door was just at the foot of the bed. We had an arm chair instead of the usual settee which we pushed up against the connecting door and put the glass table next to it right in the corner . If I were you I would ask the room steward to remove one of your cabin tables so you have more floor space for your little one to play in/on.

The connecting door easily stays open, if not, you can put the chair in front of it as someone else said.

Sometimes the cabin stewards are not willing to remove the glass tables from the cabin. Just so you know, the glass table fits nicely into the closet and you can store things on and below it. The glass tables are small.

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Archived