Never Cruised Celebrity

lidolovers

Hi, we are seasoned cruisers having sailed on Princess, Carnival and RC. I have heard great things about the new Celebrity ships like the Eclipse, etc and I was wondering how they would be travelling with a 4 year old. We had him on an RC cruise last year and he was great but I have been told that Celebrity is for an older crowd and they do not cater so much to kids. I don't want to offend anyone with a child if it is mostly a cruise line for older couples. They do seem to have a decent kids program from what I have read. If anyone has sailed on any of these boats please let me know what you think. Also with sleeping arrangements we have sometimes got a connecting inside cabin to put him to bed early and get some privacy. It was pretty cheap on Carnival to do this but I am not so sure about Celebrity. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi, we are seasoned cruisers having sailed on Princess, Carnival and RC. I have heard great things about the new Celebrity ships like the Eclipse, etc and I was wondering how they would be travelling with a 4 year old. We had him on an RC cruise last year and he was great but I have been told that Celebrity is for an older crowd and they do not cater so much to kids. I don't want to offend anyone with a child if it is mostly a cruise line for older couples. They do seem to have a decent kids program from what I have read. If anyone has sailed on any of these boats please let me know what you think. Also with sleeping arrangements we have sometimes got a connecting inside cabin to put him to bed early and get some privacy. It was pretty cheap on Carnival to do this but I am not so sure about Celebrity. Any thoughts?

Thanks

You are right when you say it is a popular line for couples but during holidays it's also very popular with families. There is an excellent kids club but if you are cruising off season it may not be busy. We cruised the med in November with our five year old grand daughter and she had a great time, there were 20 under 18's on board. She does like adult company though and will sit through dinner happily and quietly for two hours.

There are no connecting inside cabins with Balcony cabins on the silhouette, he would be across the hall. Also you would have to pay two adult fares for him for that cabin. You would be better with a celebrity suite perhaps that has a separate bedroom? :)

I think your 4 year old will have a great time regardless if there are a lot of kids or not. I took a 3 year old on a celebrity cruise, and he had a good time.

This April, I'll probably be traveling with a 3 year old too, on the reflection, and not a bit concerned about him being bored.

Thanks

My children love Celebrity. About the sleeping arrangements, check the suites, a Celebrity suite will provide you with privacy and your 4 year old will have his/her own TV. Hope this helps:):)