What time do I have to be out of my cabin on debarkation day?

rch3232

It will be on paperwork in your cabin. I do know that the room steward likes the earlier the better and when we can accommodate him we try to be out by 7:30 to be nice to him. On the Jewell class ships it is usually 8:00 or so.

What time do I have to be out of my cabin on debarkation day?

Look at it this way.

The sooner the people on the cruise before yours get out of their cabins and off of the ship, the sooner you will be able to board and enjoy your cruise.

And the sooner you get out of your cabin and off the ship at the end of your cruise, the sooner the people waiting to board in the terminal can start their cruise.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should have been more specific. I'll be on the Epic in December out of Port Canaveral. What time did people have to be out of their cabin on the Epic?

Seems like just about all cruises it has been in the 8:30 and maybe as late as 9:30... but usually earlier.

Everyone has already given their feedback but on the Getaway a few months ago, we left around 9:10. We had a great steward all cruise long which we tipped generously the night before debarkation. When 9:10 rolled around, we opened our door to leave and it seems like all the guests in our corridor already left as the doors were propped open. He didn't knock once and gave us time to leave.. we said our goodbyes when we passed him in another stateroom and had a pleasant walk off.. plenty of luggage still waiting outside in Oceankaj.

They can't start boarding new passengers until everyone is off. They'll want you off the ship by 10AM and security will start looking for you if your room card hasn't been scanned by around then. Your room steward will start to get very fussy if you're still in your room at 9AM, but they really want you out by 8.

Last weekend on the BA, printed time for vacating all staterooms was 9 AM on Sunday morning, and that luggage to be taken off by NCL inside the cruise terminal by 11 PM the night before (previously, midnight was the cutoff)

Of course, we docked before 7 AM (vs. 8 AM scheduled time) and ship was cleared before 7:30 to begin the Express Walkoff ... and by the time, we returned to our cabin - notices were left ourside all "occupied / DND" staterooms that the Room Steward team are wishing to service & prepared the cabins for turnaround ... hint, hint - get out ASAP. We left our cabin around 8:15 and made our way downstairs to hang out in public area until our Yellow tags for Platinum were called.