Credit card

misprint

I have just completed online check in including credit card info. Where do I say that I want my card issuer to do the conversion from £ to $

You check the box on the printed copy of the express pass and sign the pass.

I have just completed online check in including credit card info. Where do I say that I want my card issuer to do the conversion from £ to $

Is this to avoid the fees associated with the DCC conversion?

I never thought of that with our cruise line bill, but always ask to pay using local currency when using my credit card.

I never thought of that with our cruise line bill, but always ask to pay using local currency when using my credit card.

Yes, have the charge in local currency, but on the ship ensure that you check the box to have your credit card do the conversion. The credit card companies use the going bank rate on the day the charge was posted.

Is does not make a difference to you since there is no need of any conversion ;)

Celebrity charges in USD.

The OP is from the UK, though. And Celebrity´s fees of conversion are higher than the credit cards. Some cards have no charge at all...

Is does not make a difference to you since there is no need of any conversion ;)

Celebrity charges in USD.

The OP is from the UK, though. And Celebrity´s fees of conversion are higher than the credit cards. Some cards have no charge at all...

(y)(y) Quite right - must have another cup of coffee before thinking about anything financial. :)

The no foreign transaction fee is EXACTLY why we have a Capital One credit card (plus their very good CASH reward system and incredibly good customer service and fraud alert programs.) And we have a small checking account with them to avoid all ATM charges overseas.

:(

(y)(y) Quite right - must have another cup of coffee before thinking about anything financial. :)

The no foreign transaction fee is EXACTLY why we have a Capital One credit card (plus their very good CASH reward system and incredibly good customer service and fraud alert programs.) And we have a small checking account with them to avoid all ATM charges overseas.

There appears to be two issues here: A foreign transaction fee and a currency exchange rate. There are a few U.K. cards that don’t charge a transaction fee, one being a HALIFAX card though all will have a foreign currency exchange rate. I think it would be safe to say that the credit card will have a better rate of exchange than what the cruise line will offer.

Therefore the answer to the OP IMO is to always check the box to have your credit card do the exchange rate.