Cabins now ready on embarkation

Thanks for your reassuring comments, i'm sure it will be a lovely cruise and that the summer holiday demographic will make for a more balanced view of Britannia as a ship. Has to be said though that i've not come across so much negativity and a 'set in our ways' attitude as is displayed on the p&o message boards before.

After multiple princess cruises and one very enjoyable carnival sunshine experience we are excited to board the P&O flagship on Sat - prior to our allocated boarding time of 3pm!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We did our first Celebrity cruise in 2011 and, believe me, the die hard Celebrity 'folk' were out in force for that one as too many Italians turned up and really were not 'trained' in the Celebrity way. Ha ha ha. We never noticed until we got home and read the reviews :)

Every cruise line has its own moaners and the 'we don't want to change' brigade, but every cruise line also has a lot of very excited cruisers who will just 'go with the flow' and go on holiday to have a great time.

We leave home tomorrow morning and just can not wait for Saturday --------- and we know that there is no central staircase, that the colour scheme is brown, that the ship is (wait for this shock) BIG, that there will be lots of families during the school holidays (horror), that there are 4 formal nights and the other endless things that a bit of research would tell us!

We will be with you at the terminal at about 12 noon :D:) We are the ones with what seems like a hundred cases ;)

Safe journey to Southampton and enjoy your cruise !

Lovely post and couldn't agree more. Xx

Although don't read the thread about buffet and etiquette. I've never read such drivel and can't belive people really behave like that and get that intense about going to a buffet.

I've never had any issues with anyone or anything at the buffet.

Buffet rage ---- ha ha ha ha ---- :D:D:D

We leave home tomorrow morning and just can not wait for Saturday --------- and we know that there is no central staircase, that the colour scheme is brown, that the ship is (wait for this shock) BIG, that there will be lots of families during the school holidays (horror), that there are 4 formal nights and the other endless things that a bit of research would tell us!

We will be with you at the terminal at about 12 noon :D:) We are the ones with what seems like a hundred cases ;)

Safe journey to Southampton and enjoy your cruise !

All true except the colour scheme. It has a lot of greys etc and is a very contemporary design. I think its stunning. I do know you are joking.

We had a great time and certain you will as well.

All true except the colour scheme. It has a lot of greys etc and is a very contemporary design. I think its stunning. I do know you are joking.

We had a great time and certain you will as well.

We booked when the only thing we had to go on re the ship were the photos of what she should look like (March 2014). Loved the contemporary look and can't wait to see her 'in real life'! Have to laugh though - I thought it was brown --- now will go with the grey in mind. At least hubby will blend in ;)

Having read those whole thread I think its safe to assume the boarding time on your e-ticket is merely a guide as opposed to the time you actually are required to board - And having turned up well before the suggested time nobody has said otherwise...

My Cabin is always ready and waiting when I arrive because I travel solo except on my Britannia cruise which a friend tagged along on... Single cabins are great because there are less of them on the ship so they get cleaned quicker and always ready on arrival... I remember on my last cruises on Azura & Ventura I walked on the ship and went straight to my cabins... being by reception helps aswell

Britannia is a beautiful ship, very in my opinion brown and beige, and yes she is HUGE

Having read those whole thread I think its safe to assume the boarding time on your e-ticket is merely a guide as opposed to the time you actually are required to board - And having turned up well before the suggested time nobody has said otherwise...

I think you're right. I imagine the aim of the boarding times on the tickets is to try to spread out arrivals at the terminal, so that the staff don't have to try to cope with a couple of thousand passengers all arriving at once.

This is our last post on the issue for now as we leave tomorrow for Southampton. Have to say that we are SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited.

If we wait 10 minutes to board we will be happy and if we wait 4 hours we will be happy and accept it. We have chuntered about the silly late boarding time given, but on reflection we realise that we have had the sort of year where far worse things have happened ---- so we can cope with waiting in a terminal if needs be. Meerkat stance and Shrek cat eyes!!!

Just can not wait now. AND we won't moan whatever, honest :);)

Will let you know how it works for us re embarkation when we get back ---

Excited, excited, excited :):):)