Thermal Spa Pass- Breakaway

Cruise Girly 88

Looking to see what others thought of the spa pass? With it being $199 per person I want to make sure it is worth it first! We are cruising the last week of April to Bermuda. I know it probably wont be very warm...:o

I also have heard reviews that people had a hard time with the chemicals they use in the water in the spa. Anyone else have that happen?

Thanks!

We usually get a spa pass on cooler cruises - summer cruises we don't bother. Some cruises it's great and peaceful, other times too crowded with no place to sit, loud, towels all over the spa. I think it really depends on the crowd on the cruise. When the water is rocky, I've been too seasick to use the spa. Being in the front of the boat I was sloshing around in the thermal pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, to give you a few key highlights - the spa is normally much more quiet than the rest of the ship, unless you get people who don't understand volume control. Children are not allowed in the area. You actually get to use a hot tub that is not crowded or that you have to wait in line for.

Only draw backs are if the seas are too rough they may drain the water for safety sake but refil it when it is safe again, and that it can sometimes have a strong smell of chorine, but that also varies and you get used to it pretty quick when it does (sort of the same as an indoor pool).

The salt room is cooler than the rest of the spa area and is a great place to cool down. Sauna and steam roooms are great. You also have access to tea and water (not bottled), they are in big glass dispensers and one normally has cut fruit in them. And they also have some kind of snack (I think though it's been a few years). And the side view off the ship is absolutely beautiful.

I myself am going in a week and even though I'm staying in the Haven, I plan on spring a good amount of time there.

It's worth the money if you use it. It's a sanctuary to get away from the busyness of the rest of the ship (lively and fun just like NYC, she never sleeps). 😁