Drink Prices With P&O

janny444

Well we had. A few weeks ago I noticed that the price of our Princess cruise had gone down considerably. By about £1000 each. So I managed to get the cruise at the new price but lost the drinks package. If we take the cost of the drinks off we will still be up by £900. We were lucky as the reduced price only lasted a week or so.

Happy days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Plenty to spend 'buying' the drinks then !!

Hi,on Aurora,double smirnoff £6,can of diet coke £2.50(thought that was very expensive)gun splash 50p.bottle of rose £16.50 (very good value).I dont know if anyone knows this but on Princess you can prepay all on board spending including grats at a better than money market rate.We prepaid last Jan at 1.54,after brexit other people had to pay at 1.42.The rate at the time was 1,20 something,so still a good deal.Worth looking at CP for,cheers,Brian.

Hi,on Aurora,double smirnoff £6,can of diet coke £2.50(thought that was very expensive)gun splash 50p.bottle of rose £16.50 (very good value).I dont know if anyone knows this but on Princess you can prepay all on board spending including grats at a better than money market rate.We prepaid last Jan at 1.54,after brexit other people had to pay at 1.42.The rate at the time was 1,20 something,so still a good deal.Worth looking at CP for,cheers,Brian.

Is that a large coke as the mixer coke, tonic etc is about £1. So a large G&T is £7.00. Or if you have a speciality gin from the gin menu, the perfect serve is £7.75.

Yes for our Princess cruise we prepaid and bought OBC at £1.42 when the rate was £1.22

We sail on the 13th May to the Med. 14 nights.This site is "doing my head in" as those much younger than me would say.Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's the same cruise we did last year but on the Emerald Princess, good itinerary but a few weeks too early for decent weather we found, I usually go late May. Made some great friends who were first time cruisers and they booked the same cruise for this year while onboard. If you come across Dawn and Nat or Terry and Claire do say hello :)

The "doing my head in" was the same for me too and just as annoying, working in IT I know these things happen and someone will have been roundly berated.

Hope you like Princess as albeit its the same ship as Ventura they do things slightly better in a lot of areas, the Elite benefits are excellent.

Since you do P&O so much it would be nice if you would do a review, comparison and summary of experience.

Edited by CCFC

I have every confidence that I will enjoy the experience I will note the differences, many of which I could write down now. A number of people I know at home have been with them and some have had good experiences and some bad. I have heard that they are very much like P&O but with a more international clientele. The small roll call we have going has people from the USA, Canada and Australia. Also Brits. We have cruised at that time of year before but the weather is not that much of a factor for us apart from rain which makes it very difficult for me and my mobility scooter.

I shall indeed do a report we we get home.

Is that a large coke as the mixer coke, tonic etc is about £1. So a large G&T is £7.00. Or if you have a speciality gin from the gin menu, the perfect serve is £7.75.

Yes for our Princess cruise we prepaid and bought OBC at £1.42 when the rate was £1.22

Hi,yes a 330 ml can,we dont like the syrup mixers.The can does us for about 3 drinks.Just thought £2.50 was a bit steep although other prices especially the wine cancelled it out,cheers,Brian.

Hi,yes a 330 ml can,we dont like the syrup mixers.The can does us for about 3 drinks.Just thought £2.50 was a bit steep although other prices especially the wine cancelled it out,cheers,Brian.

I don't drink coke do they not do the little mixer drink cans like the tonic or lemonade?

I don't drink coke do they not do the little mixer drink cans like the tonic or lemonade?

They do but unless you ask for a small mixer or a dash, then they sell you a bottle or can at £2.50 each. I paid £7.50 for the coke 'mixers' for 3 separate drinks - jack Daniels, Malibu and Vodka. Soon learnt to ask for a dash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cheapest bottle of wine on Princess is $32.20, does not say so but looks to be a standard price. Then add 18% comes to nearly $38. So that is £25.83 and £30.48, at today's exchange rate.

On P&O you can still get wines for around £15 to £20 per bottle. With no add on. That makes most wine half the price on P&O

My impression (with limited knowledge) is that beer and wine are cheaper on P&O.

Spirits measures are much smaller so work out quite a bit more expensive