P&O new livery

Frontera2

Hi,

The highly respected transport journalist Paul Clifton has this evening put out on Twitter that P&O cruise ships are to have a new livery.

He tweeted the attached picture.

I think it looks awful but interested to know what others think

image.jpg.aaef61531f453e3f913e3f45b7541738.jpg

I think it is great and if you have seen the new video, just out they talk about the fleet of 8 ships. Putting to bed all the speculation about ships leaving the fleet.

We just launched a new piece on this as well:

P&O Unveils New Look

Have just watched the Youtube clip and, to be honest we loved it! I think it is a clever change and, having looked at Britannia we are already wondering if that should be our 2015 holiday. All we need now though is a great destination mid August----------- pleeeeaaaaaseeee don't send her somewhere where all other ships have boldy gone before !!!

:)

I think it is great and if you have seen the new video, just out they talk about the fleet of 8 ships. Putting to bed all the speculation about ships leaving the fleet.

Just seen that and Oceana was a ship that was obvious in the advert. Pleased with that as we have a soft spot for this beautiful mid sized ship. :D

I like it. I don't like the yellow funnel -l it ooks so dated and at least it's not as gaudy as the livery on Aida, Carnival or NCL ships. They're obviously making a big thing in the new branding of emphasising the Britishness of P&O, with this livery and the new ship being called Britannia and so on. Does it remind anybody else of the 'I'm Backing Britain' campaign of the late 1960s?

Edited by tartanexile81

I think the doodles at the bow look OK on Britannia, and the general idea of the blue funnel with a gold emblem is OK too, but I've never liked the P&O version of a sun symbol, which could do with updating.

Has anyone seen an artist's impression of the new livery put onto a picture of Aurora? If so, I'd be grateful for a link to it.

Both my wife and I like the new look,it appears to be a lot less over the top than some of the other lines but I do hope they don't do away with the formal nights as this is now the only occasion we get to dress up.We don't regard ourselves as stick in the mud old fuddie duddies, one of the reasons we cruise with P&O is we still get to wear the glad rags. There are plenty of cruise lines offering the non formal option for those who prefer that style.

I don't mind the blue funnel but hate the massive logo on the bow. A small union flag design each side of the hull I could live with but personally I feel this is another step taking the P&O image downwards. I personally don't understand how they can talk about heritage one minute and then unveil this :(. I hope Oriana is still unblemished in April when I board her because I don't suppose she will be by October.

Edited by Britboys

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh god whoever came up with this idea must have been drunk. They always rant on about heritage, and yet there is nothing more traditional than the yellow P&O funnels. It really does cheapen the look of the ships. I'm all for the rising sun logo being plastered everywhere. It's a nice simple logo and looks good.

And for the hull art, there are no words really. It looks horrendous, and there is simply no need for it. Whatever happened to elegance and subtlety? Britannia was a very smart, stylish looking ship, and it now looks like something that has come out of NCL's design studio, although Breakaway and Getaway look better than this does. The ship I would compare it to is the ghastly looking Pride Of America.

What I don't understand is why they have decided to do this. It is pretty well known that hull art always gets a mixed, mostly negative reception, even on the lines which have it on all their ships already. To do this on a cruise line which has pretty mixed reception as it is, is a bit of a stupid idea.

Another point to add is that in that video, the P&O Cruises name on the hull towards the aft is way too big. The one they have on the current ships and on the previous rendering is the perfect size.

I'm not liking the new management at all, they don't really seem to have a clue what they are doing with P&O.

Edited by littlesteelo

I think the doodles at the bow look OK on Britannia, and the general idea of the blue funnel with a gold emblem is OK too, but I've never liked the P&O version of a sun symbol, which could do with updating.

Has anyone seen an artist's impression of the new livery put onto a picture of Aurora? If so, I'd be grateful for a link to it.

Here you go. :)

aurora.jpg.c11d47bdba8e9226367dcfbfa08224e7.jpg